1 2
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/6/11 7:22 p.m.

Yeah, I said it. It's the world's coolest puzzle. I found it in a thrift store last year. I have built it and it was totally complete. It's soooo cool! Check it:

It's all race tracks in the US (and some Canada and Mexico) circa 1994 (though the puzzle was first designed in 87). There's also cars and power boats all over it. It was a lot of fun to build and look at the tracks, but alas I need space for Javelin Jr, so I am cleaning out stuff.

I paid $2 for it and I want it to go to a good home. Best trade offered here gets it! (Extra bonus points if it somehow ends up framed at the GRM World HQ).

Javelin
11/6/11 8:34 p.m.

And built:

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/6/11 9:47 p.m.

On eBay now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-2001-RACEWAYS-NORTH-AMERICA-550-PC-TIN-/390233066077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adbb40a5d

Javelin
11/6/11 10:01 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: On eBay now http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-2001-RACEWAYS-NORTH-AMERICA-550-PC-TIN-/390233066077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adbb40a5d

LOL! Not mine on eBay, and I didn't even think to see if it was worth actual money. I'm just happy to see it go to a GRM'er

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/6/11 10:08 p.m.

I can trade yellow Caterham Matchbox cars for it, and perhaps a 510 hotwheels. Just one of those though.... I still need to find more.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/7/11 6:38 a.m.

what you want? i'll send you a nut/bolt from my belair so you can touch awesome, with a certificate of authenticity, and some misc not full scale cars.

Javelin
11/7/11 8:33 a.m.

Something cool that takes up less space (or can be eaten). Failing that, something I can haphazardly weld to the Javelin

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/11 8:37 a.m.

I thought the e-Type Jaguar was the world's coolest puzzle.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
11/7/11 2:23 p.m.

Man, I'd really like to have that. I have a lot of stuff, but I have no idea what to trade. I do have an unopened NASCAR monopoly game from the early 90's...

Javelin
11/7/11 2:51 p.m.

Funny! The next item I was going to give away was a NASCAR Monopoly! (For cereal!)

Got any cool posters or pictures I can hang up in the garage? Do you make a mean chocolate chip cookie?

alex
alex SuperDork
11/7/11 3:03 p.m.
Javelin wrote: And built:

How about a spoiler alert?!

Javelin
11/7/11 3:14 p.m.

What, you can read all of the little details in that picture?!?

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
11/7/11 3:51 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Funny! The next item I was going to give away was a NASCAR Monopoly! (For cereal!) Got any cool posters or pictures I can hang up in the garage? Do you make a mean chocolate chip cookie?

No way! Really? NASCAR monopoly? Mine was a gift. Theres a reason it was never opened... Well, the cool posters are hung in my shop. I have some less than cool posters you might want to consider. Of course what's cool to one person... Cookies - Hell yes my chocolate chip cookies are mean!!! So mean you won't want to eat them. Check back. I'll try to figure something out.

Javelin
11/14/11 8:59 a.m.

Uh, bump?

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
11/14/11 9:07 a.m.

I could mail you a cookie, but I doubt it would make the transit nicely. I do want, but have nothing really cool to trade. My oldest is starting to learn puzzles.

redrabbit
redrabbit Reader
11/14/11 9:29 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

We have sent cookies & brownies to our son in Iraq. We used a vacuum sealer. I dont like puzzles or I would offer Killer Brownies (w/carmel).

Javelin
11/14/11 11:34 a.m.

Well I hate to give it away out from under bravenrace, but if he doesn't come up with some cookies soon I'll have to defer to you Tuna.

I'm just so hungry!

CharlieFoxtrot
CharlieFoxtrot New Reader
11/16/11 12:16 p.m.

I think it'd be cool to have, and I can follow instructions, which means I can make good cookies. However, I think it'd be even cooler for Tuna's kid to have it. So, if need be, I'll make you some cookies and you send the puzzle to Tuna. LMK.

Javelin
11/16/11 4:31 p.m.
CharlieFoxtrot wrote: I think it'd be cool to have, and I can follow instructions, which means I can make good cookies. However, I think it'd be even cooler for Tuna's kid to have it. So, if need be, I'll make you some cookies and you send the puzzle to Tuna. LMK.

If bravenrace doesn't comment by Friday night, we 3 have a deal. You send cookies, and I'll supply Tuna's kid with an awesome history lesson on racetracks in puzzle form.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/11 11:16 a.m.

Alright fellas, we have a deal. Charlie, make some cookies. Tuna, send me your address. I'm going to the Post Office tomorrow.

Thanks!

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
11/21/11 9:33 p.m.

I am touched. Seriously. I owe both of you guys.

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
12/3/11 5:41 p.m.

We got it on Friday. My son's done it already. We loved the corvette model, too. He was super excited. I'll upload pictures soon!

Thanks guys

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
12/3/11 5:45 p.m.

picture attach attempt #1

Javelin
12/3/11 10:11 p.m.

Awesome!

CharlieFoxtrot
CharlieFoxtrot New Reader
12/11/11 6:41 p.m.

Oops! Haven't been on GRM lately.... What's yer address, Jav? Email me, vfr700f2 at fotki dot com

Tuna -- great photo! I'm happy to be a part of its making...

kevin

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2x0OFqFTo6uwqVEliktDUozTOonlMyaP4yX8fLuatmNUn5R105rgwLIjdi0h7WCL