ransom
ransom GRM+ Member
10/14/10 6:17 p.m.

I have a pair of M20s I collected with the plan to put them together into one 'i'-headed 2.7-liter engine for my old 2002. My understanding being that the 323i head gives up a little bit in valve size (the B23 is a '773' head casting) to a 325i head, but has markedly better compression when used with stock 'e' pistons. Then I got all wound up about taking a nose-heavy car and making it even more nose-heavy. And a buddy turbocharged his Fiat 850. And I stumbled into another article about the semi-M10-based turbo F1 cars...

Anyhow, before I can disassemble the 2002, I have to fix the garage. Before I fix the garage, I need to make room to stand in it. That means these M20s need to go away.

I'd like $400 for the pair. I need them to go to a new home.

Located in Portland, Oregon.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/18/10 11:15 a.m.

Man, I poked around for a 323i engine for a couple of years before I stumbled into this one... Nobody's looking for the same thing?

May I reiterate the part where I need these to follow someone home? Indicating a significant flexibility on price? How about if I say $300 and urge you to use your imagination in combining that sum with the letters 'OBO'?

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/28/10 12:27 p.m.

Okay... Let's try $250 OBO. OBO, people. Apply liberally.

I know what'll happen if I just put one engine on the ground so I can free up the engine stand. It'll turn the carport into a black hole for things that I "just put here for a minute 'cause I need to get at that other thing."

It's like the table near the front door gets covered in incoming mail, only this mess is all greasy and heavy and invites spiders.

I hate spiders.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7rPeyxAhmFfa5FSxT7RUafdaKBfeYAKcVUmA3qu4b49SiSfSjjCaUOS3x6Chd7Zz