GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/14 3:10 p.m.

Non-loud colors strongly preferred but I might settle for a hot pink one for the right price if time is running out

I'll need it shipped to a Miami address, I can have money paypal'd to you.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
5/16/14 8:48 p.m.

I have a nice, new Sparco suit real cheap:
http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?/topic/9479-fs-new-sparco-sfi-suits-cheap/

See if the large would work for you. PM if you have any questions.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/14 8:53 p.m.

Need a HANS device to go with it?

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
5/16/14 10:52 p.m.

I have a blue G-Force single layer - meets SFI 3-2A/1 but its 3XL.

Shipping from Canada tends to be a few more $$$'s but let me know.

GameboyRMH
5/17/14 5:53 a.m.

Unfortunately it has to be an X-large (AKA European size 60) or European size 62, large is definitely too small and 3XL is waaaay too big...don't need a HANS but I might get some gloves.

GameboyRMH
5/21/14 10:22 a.m.

Hmm just noticed a Sparco 2-layer suit for sale locally, $300 for the right size...it's more than I need in layers and probably more than I need to pay. Not a big fan of the bright blue either...but local demand for these is likely to skyrocket soon. Maybe I should buy it, and if I see something better I could resell it easily.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/21/14 10:27 a.m.

You can get used suits with sponsor logos on them for pretty cheap from Race Image.

http://www.raceimage.com/

They usually have a pic of the SFI tag on there. They're going to be multi-layer suits.

GameboyRMH
5/21/14 10:29 a.m.

Thanks, I knew there was another site that sold used race suits I was forgetting. I want to avoid wearing layers I don't need because of the HEAT but I won't rule out a multi-layer suit.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/21/14 12:56 p.m.

If you can find a multi-layer real Nomex suit it will be more breathable than a single layer Proban (or other coated fabric) suit.

GameboyRMH
5/21/14 3:04 p.m.

I can't use Proban anyway, Nomex is specifically required and Proban is specifically forbidden in the rules.

schumithecat
schumithecat Reader
5/23/14 1:01 p.m.

do they make you wear nomex underwear if you have a single layer suit? i think that's what lemons does. which is why i got a 2 layer.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
5/23/14 10:18 p.m.

If you need some size 11 nomex shoes, let me know. I have some nice once for cheap that only have 2 races on them (too big/wide for me). Send me an email if interested :)

GameboyRMH
5/25/14 2:00 p.m.

I don't need Nomex underwear with a 1-layer, but no melty stuff allowed.

I think I'm gonna go with the Sparco 2-layer suit for sale locally. The other used stuff I can find that meets the spec is also 2 or more layers, mostly 2-piece and only $50 less at most. Add shipping and the price is really close.

Safety standards are due to be updated soon, but a 2-layer Nomex suit will definitely meet the requirements for track days.

I use size 12 shoes for driving, my old driving shoes were 11.5 and were uncomfortably tight. I know lots of cheapass racers here though so I'll keep it in mind if any are looking for shoes

GameboyRMH
6/10/14 9:57 a.m.

Well I'm back looking to import a suit, I narrowly missed the one available locally. I see some on raceimage that could work though.

(BTW: Still looking for one even though its June, but at least track days haven't started back yet so I'm not missing out.)

GameboyRMH
6/10/14 8:01 p.m.

Ordered this from raceimage today:

Was looking for a 1pc for "futureproofing" against rule changes but 2pc suits are currently allowed so I hope they won't change that...with the discount the grand total was less than the listed price.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yl3FHSTa1xYxsEBrHXTKiMP2W0JgCTF5HYdcezxTreQngwYVgiZTnzRlAfZkL8Pv