spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/5/10 3:23 p.m.

Hi, I'm looking for a Triumph TR-7 Coupe in Florida.
A solid body would be nice, but minor rust is fine.
Motor does not matter. Interior does not matter either. I'm Not looking for a rag top (I have 2 of those already).

A Coupe Body in central Florida is a plus. I live in Tampa and have a trailer.

(I assume we can send Private Messages on this board?)

Thanks, Mark

tr8todd
tr8todd Reader
10/5/10 3:46 p.m.

How would you like a set of TR8 coupe VIN tags and TR8 conversion parts to go with that shell?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
10/5/10 4:00 p.m.

There is one in my back yard right now. Of course it belongs to tr8todd,so you will have to talk to him about it.

IWELDIT
IWELDIT New Reader
10/5/10 7:28 p.m.

I have #00000266 sitting in my back 40,To bad I'm in Canada. Has a full cage in it to. just needs to be finnished. If no one buys it I will be looking for a TR8 motor

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/5/10 7:31 p.m.

I have two shells in michigan, one rusty, the other, not as much.

Plenty of parts too if you need them.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/6/10 7:18 a.m.

Thanks for the comments. I have a TR-8 parts car in my back yard already, so I'm looking for a coupe shell.
Hopefully I'll find one in Florida. I don't care for really long drives.

I have a nice TR7 drop head, and a very nice TR-8 (60k miles, factory paint). I'm hoping a coupe chassis will be less Flexy. (If flexy is a word.)

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
10/6/10 3:42 p.m.

try www.britishcarclub.net there is a guy with a couple just email an inquiry brookesville fl ken and vangie jardine

I did sell one to a guy old geezer he probably still has will inquire

triumph5
triumph5 HalfDork
10/6/10 4:39 p.m.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking for one, what are your plans for it?

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/7/10 7:10 a.m.

Karl, Thanks for the link.
I saw that there is a British car show near me on the 23rd, but I'm working a Mustang show, and setting up a PCA autocross course the exact same day. (Mustang Member since 1992, so I have to go.)

Karl La Follette
10/7/10 9:19 a.m.

Talked to Ken he said has one missing right door and right rear fender but still at $100 you might want to call him PM Sent I will get over to the one I know of this weekend

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/7/10 10:11 a.m.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

tr8todd
tr8todd Reader
10/9/10 6:21 a.m.

The later coupe bodies will have even less flex than do the early ones. If you score an early body shell, consider removing the panel behind the front bumper that ties the frame rails together and then welding in the panel from the TR8 body. I've found that stiffening the lower frame rails by welding in that piece and also converting to solid subframe mounts, are the single best things you can do to help the car. Upper strut braces are useless-especially if the frame rails are twisting. The post mid 77 cars are also better because they will have the much stronger 5 speed rear end, and the better designed fuse panel and wiring harness. If you find yourself in need of pieces, send me a PM. There are enough parts for TR8s here to build several cars.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/9/10 10:55 a.m.

TR8 Todd, thanks for all the useful tips. I printed them off.

I went to look at the $100 Coupe today, but it turned out to be a Drop Head Coupe. :-(

Still you have to do some shopping if you want to get a less than common car. Luckily it was not too far from my house.

tr8todd
tr8todd Reader
10/11/10 7:50 p.m.

Too bad your not closer. I just got done striping a 79 coupe down to a bare shell. Probably just gonna cut off the fenders, spare tire well and send it off to god. Pretty clean car. My plan when I bought it was to just keep it hanging around in case I wrecked the TR8 race car again. No money to race means no crash damage to fix. Secondary thought was to rebody the first TR8 coupe race car I wrecked 10 years ago. No money for that either. Keep looking, you will find one. There always seems to be plenty kicking around in the Atlanta area. Try posting a wanted thread on the British Car Forum or one of the Wedge forums.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/11/10 9:46 p.m.

Dang. Those TR7's sound as bad as Spitfires. You say you want one and suddenly 3 show up in your driveway with no one around.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
10/12/10 6:26 a.m.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/1997173699.html

I saw that on CL, not sure if that will help.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/12/10 7:39 a.m.

^^^^^ Thanks for the heads up. I sent him an email.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
11/27/10 7:12 p.m.

Found a nice 1975 Coupe on Thanksgiving day. Thanks for the help guys.

Karl La Follette
11/29/10 4:45 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ap6M3O335LXzA2cDvCO9sGlgbhYQj8mQ0DOA8Rq0uP7ckAe1bqttKeMvW29XUfDW