RossD
RossD PowerDork
7/12/13 7:21 a.m.

I really wanted to drag this home, but there is no room at the inn. So I'll point it out to the rest of you. (NMNA)

http://wausau.craigslist.org/cto/3925466071.html said: A nice project for an ambitious car buff. Model T Frame and Front Suspension, Seats and Gas Tank. (Possibly Running Boards) Fiber Glass Fenders Street Rod Modifications - Datsun Motor & Rear End Title shows 1925. Serious inquiries only please.

I was thinking about ditching the Datsun motor and use a Zetec and a pinto 4 speed.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/12/13 7:31 a.m.

Mother of god.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/13 7:53 a.m.

That's not a great car, but it's a screaming bargain.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
7/12/13 7:54 a.m.

At that price, you can't go wrong. Somebody needs to buy it and put it back on the road.

(...and if you want to chuck the datsun drivetrain, I can find a use for it. I've been threatening for quite a while to build a boattail car. Instead of doing a bugatti replica, I could then go with 1930s datsun racer) http://www.datsunhistory.com/Racehistory1.html

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/12/13 7:57 a.m.

And I just told the Bride I'm not doing any more cars .......

RossD
RossD PowerDork
7/12/13 8:04 a.m.

I'd love to go look at it... for one of you.

I'm going to tell one of my buddies and see if he's interested; he mentioned a model a hot rod once... At least then I can help him play with it...

Nocones: I still have the Zetec and 4 speed. For sale if you're interested. The speedster is about an hour away from our old 'hood.

I've seen rusty piles of junk go for more than this and they don't have titles.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/12/13 8:27 a.m.
nocones wrote: Mother of god.

+1

Dan, but my Lotus so I can drag this home. Please? I have a 200+hp Zetec I want to use in this to test my manliness with.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
7/12/13 8:41 a.m.

I've always wanted one of these and I have a connection in cheese land who would gladly go pick it up for me. Must not pick up phone...

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
7/12/13 9:07 a.m.

I've learned, I have double the room, if I stack em.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/12/13 9:41 a.m.
slefain wrote: I've always wanted one of these and I have a connection in cheese land who would gladly go pick it up for me. Must not pick up phone...

Same here... well he's actually in Michigan... but I have a feeling he'd make the trip for something like this.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
7/12/13 11:28 a.m.
914Driver wrote: And I just told the Bride I'm not doing any more cars .......

There always is the next bride......

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/12/13 12:42 p.m.
914Driver wrote: And I just told the Bride I'm not doing any more cars .......

...and she believed you??

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/13/13 12:59 p.m.

She rolled her eyes ....

My friend has a flat six Plymouth motor with the tranny attached, pedals intact and everything works.

Fenders off, boards off, flat six in, paint. I'm glad I don't have a trailer but regret sometimes she is so easy on me. Why can't you be more bitchy?

Geez.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dVI1v19lMYUrwYoCmoJVIHcAVz6JzY08W4yBjyDE6ekc7KvNWtUgxloQED2Wc1c6