JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/2/08 9:37 p.m.

Looking for a small block chevy (carburated preferred) and an automatic (4 speed overdrive preferred) for a project.

Of course my automotive ADD kicks my azz since just last year I had a good 350 and SLP built 700r4 sitting in the shop and sold them.

Something in the $500 range preferred, or have a decent 84 F150 work truck to trade. Straight 6 auto. Nothing special but solid and useable.

FI motor considered if it comes with all the harnesses and computers.

Oh, located in south jersey would prefer it be within 100 miles or so.

Full donor vehicles considered as well :)

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
7/4/08 11:19 a.m.

Man I'm sorry to see this.

No, really.

carzan
carzan New Reader
7/4/08 11:51 a.m.

An SBC? Man! What are you gonna do with that?

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/4/08 7:32 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Man I'm sorry to see this. No, really.

Yeah, just when I though I wouldnt need them....here I am needing them again....automotive add strikes again.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/4/08 7:33 p.m.
carzan wrote: An SBC? Man! What are you gonna do with that?

NO VIKING THEME.....lol.

Who said it was for that? I got other things going on ya know. Besides I need the BABE car to be slow and painful so our new teammate can learn what suffering really is.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver New Reader
7/4/08 8:35 p.m.

i have a friend with a monte with a 305/th350 he might want to get rid of ... lemme know if you want me to talk to him (or are you holding out for a 350?)

(if you want it.. get a tetanus shot, it is low mileage though, like 50k IIRC)

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
7/4/08 9:15 p.m.

I think SVreX and I are thinking the same thing: If only we had known when you still had the Subie for sale. I have a pair of 350s, and your choice of 700R4 or 200R4, but it's not worth driving them up to you. It would have been worth bringing them along to pick up the van, though.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/4/08 9:26 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: I think SVreX and I are thinking the same thing: If only we had known when you still had the Subie for sale. I have a pair of 350s, and your choice of 700R4 or 200R4, but it's not worth driving them up to you. It would have been worth bringing them along to pick up the van, though.

No SVreX is thinking he has the aforementioned 350 and 700r4 that were in my garage :)

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/4/08 9:27 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: i have a friend with a monte with a 305/th350 he might want to get rid of ... lemme know if you want me to talk to him (or are you holding out for a 350?) (if you want it.. get a tetanus shot, it is low mileage though, like 50k IIRC)

Just got a line on a Monte SS drivetrain for a good price so let me see how that works out. 305 is ok but Im really holding out for an overdrive trans.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/8/08 6:20 a.m.

Still looking, after doing my homework I've decided to hold out for a 350 and I'm not under a time crunch yet so I can keep looking.

Still have the truck to trade...OR...

If you have a really nice setup (ie Not grassroots priced) I could be convinced to trade for my Solo Vee autocross car. Approx value in the 3-4k range.

Cheap is better but I figured I'd look at the expensive route too ;)

Drivetrain plus cash for the Vee would work as well if you have something in the middle ground.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
7/8/08 2:12 p.m.

Are you only interested in runners or are you planning on rebuilding?

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/8/08 4:27 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: Are you only interested in runners or are you planning on rebuilding?

Runner is preferred, and for the Vee trade required. There are a few rebuildables around locally but with this project and trying to prep a long dormant Studebaker for next years BABE and those pesky things like a job and family I'm not sure I have the time to do a rebuild right now. But for the right price I could be convinced :)

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
7/8/08 5:17 p.m.

I'll make some calls, I have a pair of 350s in the shop, one an older truck motor in need of valve stem seals and the other a Corvette L98 that's locked up from sitting. (Also a pair of 400 heads that could bolt on the one and go right now.) I've been planning on rebuilding them anyway, and have most of the parts to do it (though not sure how you feel about a crossfire intake with a pair of carbs) and might be worth having one rebuilt and assembling it for you in partial swap for the Vee.

I also have a great working 200R4 that would round out the driveline, or possibly an NV3500 if you really wanted a 5-speed but were afraid to ask...

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/8/08 7:39 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: I'll make some calls, I have a pair of 350s in the shop, one an older truck motor in need of valve stem seals and the other a Corvette L98 that's locked up from sitting. (Also a pair of 400 heads that could bolt on the one and go right now.) I've been planning on rebuilding them anyway, and have most of the parts to do it (though not sure how you feel about a crossfire intake with a pair of carbs) and might be worth having one rebuilt and assembling it for you in partial swap for the Vee. I also have a great working 200R4 that would round out the driveline, or possibly an NV3500 if you really wanted a 5-speed but were afraid to ask...

You have my interest :) hmmmm....5 speed you say....very tempting.

I dont mind a head swap if thats what it would take

PM me with what you have in mind for swap equality and we'll see what we can do :)

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/8/08 8:10 p.m.

you want a runner or good stuff to build?

i have a nice 4 bolt main 350 block that needs bored due to minor pitting in the right side cyls but otherwise is excellent, a new trick flow ultra light 383 crank, some late model PM rods, heads, intakes, etc... and a 700r4 that needs a tad bit of figuring out(i rebuilt it with all the good stuff but it only has 1st and 2nd gear and i dont need to sort it out for anything)

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
7/9/08 6:33 a.m.
patgizz wrote: you want a runner or good stuff to build? i have a nice 4 bolt main 350 block that needs bored due to minor pitting in the right side cyls but otherwise is excellent, a new trick flow ultra light 383 crank, some late model PM rods, heads, intakes, etc... and a 700r4 that needs a tad bit of figuring out(i rebuilt it with all the good stuff but it only has 1st and 2nd gear and i dont need to sort it out for anything)

See 3 posts up :) Basically a runner is the preferred method but a builder would be considered for the right price/deal.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lNBXdqiftnt87nYcckbuTAILU7cRVGmjliBnnOkPL2cLTQe1IdCLRunLtdUE19im