jstancel
jstancel None
3/8/10 7:54 p.m.

I am sick of the one tire fire. I need a budget friendly limited slip out of an 86-89 Toyota Supra. I don't need the whole diff, just the LSD. I am in Atlanta GA so please post your price with shipping.

I know this is my first post and that always seems shady. I lurk and never really post and can't even remember my old login.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/8/10 10:00 p.m.

I have one, but it is in a car, and it is a 90 (why the 86-89 limitation?). I may be tempted to go back to open diff for some compensation...How much are you looking to pay for one?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
3/9/10 6:54 a.m.

I have a complete IRS rear end hub to hub, including the diff. I'll be coming through ATL in the next couple of weeks. I'd like to get it out of my shop.

I know it is a bit more than you wanted, but maybe you can sell off what you don't need and recoup what you spend.

How much of a budget were you thinking?

jstancel
jstancel New Reader
3/9/10 7:43 a.m.

Maroon92- I really want the clutch type limited slip and it is my understanding that the 86-89 have a clutch type and the 90-92 have a torsen.

SVreX- What year Supra? I am not sure how much the rest of the IRS is worth because the pullapart locations in Atlanta have 2 Supras (open diff) so selling the rest of the parts from you might take some time. I was hoping to spend around $100 but that is junkyard pricing which can equal out to a long wait time for them to get the right car on the yard. I understand that I will probably have to pay more from a private seller to get more of an instant gratification. I know that $100 is a lowball offer but if I get the complete IRS then I am in the same situation as you, where the heck am I gonna put it...

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
3/9/10 4:14 p.m.

1986, IIRC.

Springs, struts, brakes, 1/2 frame, disks, swaybar, axles, everything. Everything. Hub-hub.

$100 is a little lower than I'd like, but...

Of course you'll be in the same situation as me! That's half the fun!! I can think of no better legacy than for this to be passed through many generations of nutjobs with Challenge dreams, only to be passed on again later to occupy untold valuable space for untold generations in untold cluttered garages for untold countless unfinished projects. Is there any other way??

This rear end has shared floorspace with at least a dozen unfinished but heroic Challenge cars. It has been dry fitted into 4 different cars, and moved through 6 different garages since it was separated from it's birth chassis. It has been passed through the worthy hands of a half dozen Challenge participant wannabes. It has traveled over mountains and across oceans to come to this point.

This rear end is a Challenger classic. That alone should double it's value. FMV * 2 = FMV. I'd be a pitifully shameless shell of a Challenge brethren wretch if I failed to offer you the grand opportunity of being in the same situation I am in!

jstancel
jstancel New Reader
3/9/10 6:49 p.m.

Wow, with that kind of lineage I would not know whether I should use it or build a shrine for it.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/9/10 8:53 p.m.

If you end up getting SVreX's setup, I will take the rest of it off of your hands so you don't have to have it taking up space. I may even give you something for it. It is always nice to have a few spare CV axles around.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/9/10 8:54 p.m.

I may even end up taking them to the challenge in my 90...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ba0H23oVSMEVORSVydxSEL26QpSEB84vA60fcbgTEtAbc3m30UwiYcg0SnfB4kJr