oats123
oats123 New Reader
8/8/14 9:10 p.m.

Bought a 84 rabbit from a gentleman about 2 months ago. Found out after the sale that the floor had huge rust problems and was covered up to sell. Ended up hiring someone to cut out the floor and replace with sheet metal but in the process he ended up not wanting to finish it, after he cut giant holes in the floor.

Title says it's a RABBIT L, Engine and badging says Rabbit GTI Wolfsburg. It has the 1.7L Engine inside.

I am looking to offload this car ASAP, and no offer will really be rejected. I paid 1600 for the car and if I had the space I know I could part it out for somewhere in the ballpark of 1000. I am looking for something in the realm of 500 - 750. Mechanically it doesn't need almost anything but a tune up and new shocks.

I just can't justify the cost to weld in new flooring at a shop and have 0 time or skill to weld in a floor myself. If anyone is interested or know someone who may be interested PLEASE respond here or text 808-585-1447 to get a hold of me.

Car is not drivable because of the floor. I will supply as much towing as I can, which is about 20 miles from Seminole FL.

Thanks everyone for reading!

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
8/9/14 12:49 a.m.

Does it run? Hope someone here snags it. You can't have too many wabbit or GTI builds.

oats123
oats123 New Reader
8/9/14 7:29 a.m.

It runs well. Sounds like it needs a in depth tune up and also needs the suspension because you can flatten the car with a hand. It was going to be a solid car, you know, except for the missing floor. Pics coming soon. Body is straight and interior is now pretty gone because of the guy. She has door panels and dash, as well as back door panels. Missing headliner and all floor components. I have a corbaeu forza and universal bracket I was going to use for it that will be sold for 200$ total with the car. You know, since its brand new and I can't return it. Lol

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/9/14 4:47 p.m.

Can you post picts? Car and especially floor damage?

oats123
oats123 New Reader
8/9/14 7:25 p.m.

Haha as soon as I get some time to visit the poor car I will get tons of pictures uploaded. The body is fairly straight but just consider all of the floor to be gone if you want to be as cynical as possible.

oats123
oats123 New Reader
8/15/14 8:23 p.m.

https://imageshack.com/a/szYz/1

Pictures, finally. Sorry everyone for the delay. No reasonable offer will be refused. As said before, the entire floor needs to be replaced, and there isn't much rust outside of the floor. I feel like the car was just sat with water in it for a long period of time.

Had it basically sold yesterday until the guy said that I needed to give it a full tank of gas and have it towed to him in Orlando as part of the 600$. Lol....

TeamEvil
TeamEvil HalfDork
8/16/14 10:49 a.m.

Crap ! ! ! I'd scoop that up in a minute, too bad we're at opposite ends of the East Coast.

Great project, relatively easy fix too.

Crap . . .

oats123
oats123 New Reader
8/16/14 1:15 p.m.

Thanks for the support. Its been a wild ride putting up with these nonsense people who have been enlisted to help repair the floor and its just killed my will to restore her. I would rather see it go for cheap to someone who cares than to sell it to someone who is just going to junkyard it.

oats123
oats123 New Reader
8/17/14 1:40 p.m.

Bump. Only looking for like 500-600. Easy sale, clean title.

oats123
oats123 New Reader
8/19/14 9:02 a.m.

Going to cl soon for basically scrap money. Bumpdizzle

oats123
oats123 New Reader
8/21/14 4:35 p.m.

Down to 300. Want it to go for a parts car. Not to a scrapyard.

nhmercracer
nhmercracer New Reader
8/21/14 9:03 p.m.

Swamp Euros or Ocala Euro FB pages. Bet someone will scoop it up.

hobiercr
8/28/14 10:01 a.m.

Sent you a PM. Let me know if you don't get it.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/28/14 10:04 a.m.

If you don't work something out with hobie, PM me.

hobiercr
8/28/14 10:35 a.m.

Get in line Paul!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/28/14 10:55 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr:

I am. I am.

Don't need it at all. I'd much rather see you have it. But I do have an '84 GTI that could use a lot of body parts.

hobiercr
8/28/14 10:57 a.m.

I keed, I keed. Let's see if I can work this current scheme out and then we'll talk.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/28/14 11:09 a.m.

Or, if you'd rather, I can sell you my GTI too!

It's fast...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2JjTiyNvh5KDBBqQv1Qe21S77jqCm2ofRaYIp2kvAZRTDnXlsEJ3OgrSYe3y1Grs