dmidknight
dmidknight Reader
8/1/12 12:37 p.m.

As you can see, I'm thinning the herd big time. Now I'm putting up for sale one that I really hoped to keep, but here it is. 1992 Sunburst Yellow Miata, bought as a non-runner, and offered as such. Everything seems to be there, but the motor needs to be gone through to see what's up. Asking $700 for a quick sale, with a good title. Obviously needs a new top as well as a repaint at some point, but all there. Check out the pics and please give me a call if interested. Thanks. 850-339-1.3..6..9 Tallahassee, FL.

Midknight aka Wayne

DSCI0025

DSCI0023

DSCI0024

DSCI0022

corytate
corytate Dork
8/1/12 8:13 p.m.

dammmmit!

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
8/1/12 8:34 p.m.

Would love to buy this from you, but don't have a rig to come get it. If any GRMer's are heading north with an empty trailer, I'm in Richmond, VA and will take you go-karting: http://www.gforcekarts.com/ and give you some gas money for your trouble!!!

Also, miles? Any rust? My last Miata was an Ohio car that dissolved :(

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
8/4/12 1:16 p.m.

We just bought it, sorry guys.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
8/4/12 1:17 p.m.

I bet it smells worse than theratthatisnowDebbie's

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
8/4/12 1:56 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: We just bought it, sorry guys.

should be a 10 post waiting period

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/4/12 4:57 p.m.

V8 Miata build!?!?!?!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/4/12 5:35 p.m.
CGLockRacer wrote:
V8 Miata build!?!?!?!

this.

with as much junkyard sourced/DIY flavor as possible

Clay
Clay HalfDork
8/6/12 7:29 a.m.

I'm hoping for a real world DIY turbo setup. If you need inspiration, see this Sunburst build: http://miata.turbomirage.com/index.html

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
8/6/12 7:58 a.m.

You guys gotta stop buying all the good ones. You might start pissing off readers.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/12 8:38 a.m.

Hey, sometimes DIY is not the best decision. See the weekend turbo Miata article from a few years back.

If you want a junkyard/DIY V8 Miata, there have been two that were well documented after they won the Challenge.

Clay
Clay HalfDork
8/6/12 10:46 p.m.

I agree that DIY is not always the best decision, but the GRM Miata with the FM kit is not exactly what most folks on here will choose to do. There are alot more guys running MS than Hydra for example. In fact, if I remember correctly there was the promise of an in depth article on Kevin's turbo Miata at the end of one of the issues (finished 2nd or 3rd at the Challenge when the drags were rained out), but I don't remember ever actually seeing the article in the mag. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'd love more info on DIY Miata stuff personally.

Keith
8/6/12 10:56 p.m.

There are a lot of Hydra cars out there, more than you might think. If you hang out on Miataturbo, you won't see them.

DIY is hard to do well, easy to do poorly. It doesn't mean you shouldn't try - heck, I didn't exactly buy a kit for a V8-powered MGB - but looking at well-engineered and debugged kits is well worth the time. For example, a typical DIY article will show "here are the lessons we learned on this one car". A good kit will show "here are the lessons we've learned on 500 cars".

Clay
Clay HalfDork
8/7/12 5:58 a.m.

I am sure there are many happy Hydra owners out there. This board always struck me as more of a MS crowd though. I like turbo kits as much as the next Miata owner having turbo'd 2 of them, but GRM just did the series of articles where they bought the high end kit and (you) installed it. Tom's car is awesome. I was only suggesting an alternative budget build with this car. It seems like a great candidate based on the buy in price.

A V8 build would be cool too!

dmidknight
dmidknight Reader
8/7/12 2:12 p.m.

Oh God, I didn't need to see that Sunburst Yellow Turbo build. One day I'll do one, but unfortunately not anytime soon.

teamsoy
teamsoy New Reader
8/7/12 3:11 p.m.

I wish I have seen this sooner

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
8/8/12 7:12 a.m.

I wish he had sold the car the last time he had it up for sale :(

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/8/12 7:22 a.m.

+1 for budget turbo build.

Gasoline
Gasoline HalfDork
8/8/12 8:33 a.m.

Sorry for us? You guys are the ones trying to corner the turd market.

unk577
unk577 Reader
8/8/12 6:18 p.m.

I second the v8 build. V8 roadsters is local

Keith
8/8/12 7:09 p.m.

I suspect it was actually bought for someone in the office to have cheap and cheery transport. Not every GRM car is a project car, and I think it's a requirement for every staff member to own a Miata

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
8/11/12 10:45 a.m.
unk577 wrote: I second the v8 build. V8 roadsters is local

How is Tennessee local to Florida??

Keith
8/13/12 11:46 a.m.

V8R has two shops. R&D (aka "Steve") is in TN, production (aka "Shandelle") is in Florida.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
9/24/12 9:57 a.m.
Keith wrote: Hey, sometimes DIY is not the best decision. See the weekend turbo Miata article from a few years back. If you want a junkyard/DIY V8 Miata, there have been two that were well documented after they won the Challenge.

I don't recall this and I've been a subscriber for years. What issue?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
th2GxUSXXTubdz6hdHvdIofPPiUaDAUuR9t82RFHJ7XJPmFHtU7rA8zQtRXZmdnY