¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
3/25/15 8:50 a.m.

The time has come to part ways with my Celica. This has been my daily driver for the last 50k miles (150k miles total), and it's being sold because I bought a pickup with the same drivetrain.

It has tons of "character" in the form of things that rattle, small exhaust leaks, rust spots, body damage, etc. but I would not hesitate to drive the thing cross country- if you want, I'll prove this when you buy it, just pay for gas and a plane ticket! It has a reconstructed title, and looks like it took a hit to the front at some point. Rust is in the rockers and starting in the trunk. The muffler is a Termignoni off a crashed Ducati. It's up for PA inspection next month.

So why do you want it? It looks like a Japanese Regal GNX, it can fit BFG A/Ts stock (I have done this), it's Stock Rear Wheel Drive rallycross legal, and it is, mile for mile, the most reliable car I've ever owned. For $1200, drive it away before I get it inspected and throw it on Craigslist, then do this:

I will get more informative pictures soon. I will also be happy to entertain trade offers, and answer any questions you might have. Trades can be anything, car, bike, parts, and I am willing to accept cash on top of something worth less, or throw in cash with the car for something worth more.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
3/25/15 9:06 a.m.

Unless I am mistaken, I do believe I have never seen anyone Rallycross so many consecutive beaters (that is definitely a term of endearment) in such a short amount of time.

You, sir, are living the GRM dream!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
3/25/15 9:11 a.m.

My rallycross career covers many glorious vehicles- this one actually predates the Mudstang!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/25/15 9:21 a.m.

You suck. I want this.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/25/15 9:25 a.m.

crap I thought it was a celica review

22RE's are one of the easiest engines to mess with, there are still a few cams and turbo manifolds floating around out there as well.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/25/15 9:41 a.m.

Chris, I'll cover your gas/entry fee/lunch if you bring it to this weekends wdcr event and codrive it with me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
3/25/15 9:55 a.m.

In reply to bluej:

Very tempting, but unfortunately I have 2 whole motorcycles to put together this weekend- doesn't leave a lot of time for the 10+hr round trip to Frostburg.

bluej
3/25/15 10:03 a.m.

I have Saturday free and could be there to wrench on the cycles... Or Friday night even.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
3/25/15 10:11 a.m.

In reply to bluej:

I'm getting paid for these so it doesn't seem right to accept assistance... that said, I can see you're pretty set on avoiding driving another boring e30 so if I make good progress on the bikes during the week I'll let you know.

bluej
3/25/15 11:14 a.m.

Haha, not so much avoiding an e30 as looking to drive anything to not give up points to josh and nick to start the season since my motor swap isn't done. Anyway, I'll stop clogging up your thread.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
3/25/15 4:31 p.m.

So....dare I ask what is replacing this one?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
3/25/15 4:33 p.m.

Well, I've got my 84 22re/5 spd/2wd Pickup... and will be looking for a 318ti. And also a stage rally car.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/25/15 8:50 p.m.

is this manual trans?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
3/25/15 9:33 p.m.

Yes, 22re, 5 speed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
4/2/15 5:40 p.m.

More pictures, taken today, and a reminder of what you COULD be doing if you bought it:

akylekoz
akylekoz New Reader
4/2/15 9:13 p.m.

In the spirit of Luigi form (Cars) selling tires. Because I like you...One Yamaha quad, an antique honda motorcycle, you get it here and explain rallycross to my wife, final offer, done.

kylini
kylini HalfDork
4/2/15 9:42 p.m.

You're making me really miss my '85 GTS.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
4/2/15 9:49 p.m.

Just wondering what the car would need to pass PA inspection and what do you have in the way of under body protection mounted to the car? You know just wondering.

Paul B

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
4/2/15 10:12 p.m.

I'll just leave this here. ..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
4/3/15 7:03 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz:

Where are you, what is the quad, what is the bike, and is your wife mean?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
4/3/15 7:06 a.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit:

It passed last year in largely identical condition. If it fails it will most likely be for an exhaust leak, a crack at the base of the windshield, or if you get a very picky inspector, the passenger side rocker rust, which would then pass if "patched" with aluminum tape (because PA is dumb).

There is no underbody protection other than what Toyota saw fit to put on the car in 1985. The ride height is VERY high, especially with the taller tires, so I never felt it needed additional armor.

akylekoz
akylekoz New Reader
4/3/15 7:41 a.m.

The quad is a 2000 Warrior, bike is a 1969 dream, wife is 50/50, now the bad I'm in michigan.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HalfDork
4/10/15 8:33 p.m.

SOLD!

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
4/10/15 11:37 p.m.

Thank God. I can come back on the internet.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
veTL1VG2XJiWYBFHYnfgn7R11KCZ7lTJ55pM0IoVGSwd7037rxuRuiSdsnPZ7UU2