fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/9/09 5:04 p.m.

Not mine. It's a good thing I don't have the extra space right now. I'm in the middle of a few Subaru projects.

Miata in SE, MI http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1366326412.html

pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/9/09 5:15 p.m.

what is the deal with the wheels? actually a couple of pics are in the background are Miata's.....And I have to go to Holland, Michigan to pick up junior on 9/18.........I imagine it will be gone.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
9/9/09 6:46 p.m.

Thanks Tony.......trying to get me in trouble?

this board is so full of enablers

fornetti14
9/9/09 6:55 p.m.

Tow dolley is sitting in my garage. The stars are aligning...

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
9/9/09 7:10 p.m.
pete240z wrote: what is the deal with the wheels?

I think that there should be a racing class that is open to engine displacement, car weight, any turbo/superchargers allowed. Just the normal safety equipment and you have to run those space saving spare tires on the driven wheels are the only rules.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/9/09 7:48 p.m.

too much $ for a car with a blown engine and a roached interior and missing a bunch of stuff.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
9/10/09 12:05 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: too much $ for a car with a blown engine and a roached interior and missing a bunch of stuff.

So when are you picking it up?

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
9/10/09 8:32 a.m.

who wanted a photo shoot with a red miata...

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/09 10:31 a.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote:
I think that there should be a racing class that is open to engine displacement, car weight, any turbo/superchargers allowed. Just the normal safety equipment and you have to run those space saving spare tires on the driven wheels are the only rules.

We've got a huge pile of those at FM from the salvage cars. Someday, at our Summer Camp, we're going to have a staff challenge along those lines. I'm thinking you should be allowed to run two space savers and two ordinary tires. But where?

Carson
Carson Dork
9/10/09 11:14 a.m.

I could see 2 of those spares as a whole lot of fun on the rear of FWD car. Put them up to about 60-65psi and have handfuls of lift oversteer.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/10/09 1:10 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: too much $ for a car with a blown engine and a roached interior and missing a bunch of stuff.

but you have to agree it is totally rust free, which is never seen in Chicago or Detroit.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/10/09 1:24 p.m.

I just called and talked to the owner. He seems like a really nice guy.

He really thinks a spec Miata guy would be best as they will gut the interior and rip out the engine. He mentioned that I might be dollars ahead by buying a $3,000 Miata. (if I had $3,000)

And he backed up the rust-free-ness on the car.

fornetti14
9/10/09 6:51 p.m.

I could go look at it if someone was interested.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/10/09 8:37 p.m.
fornetti14 wrote: I could go look at it if someone was interested.

I94 - Exit 16 - Bridgman - Call Graig

On my way to Holland next Friday.........

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
9/11/09 6:37 a.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote:

I've had this idea too. I call it the donut derby

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/11/09 11:29 a.m.
grafmiata wrote:
So when are you picking it up?

when it's $200.

fornetti14
9/11/09 4:48 p.m.
fornetti14 wrote: edit See below. It's still over an hour from Grand Rapids.
pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/11/09 5:12 p.m.
fornetti14 wrote:
fornetti14 wrote: I could go look at it if someone was interested. Scratch that idea - it's on the EAST side of the state, not the west side. It was posted in my local CL - DOH!

I talked to Greg, it is on the west side of Michigan - Just south of St. Joe/Benton Harbor and North of Michigan City, Indiana.........

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XeAlwOzPuJZXEJUziwlrhynUCCd5oJL2AJIJHyF8cfzWhUExQn8C9pGjNBZtwBxi