Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
2/11/14 8:32 a.m.

After seeing how many people are looking for used, and even blown up Megasquirts, I figured we should have an MS trading thead. So many of us use them in Challenge cars, so I see this as leveling the playing field among competitors.

Here is what needs to be listed:

If you are looking for an MS, please post your minimum requirements. Some of us are happy with a blown up MS1, some of us will want a working MS3.

If you are posting an MS, post the board revision, and whether it is MS1, MS2, or MS3. List any known problems with the unit, and list a price.

Unless the powers that be don't like this arrangement, this thread will be done auction style. Outbid others and add more money to other Challenge budgets while still saving money on your own.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
2/11/14 9:44 a.m.

ISO: 3.0 or 3.57 mainboard-based MS. I'd like the ability to upgrade to MS3 in the future. I can work with blown traces, as long as they aren't impedance matched traces, then it can be difficult. SMD components don't scare me, as my electronics lab has the tools to make SMD work a breeze.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/11/14 9:04 p.m.

Fs: (edit with prices)

Glens Garage ms extra expansion board, currently wired to use features on ms3 without 3x board, easily modified for other purposes $40 shipped. OG Relay board no relays or fuses, never used $30 shipped. Ms2 processor, no stepper chip $40 shipped. Lots of various repair/spare parts like mica kits, Connectors, etc $offers.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
2/11/14 11:01 p.m.

Any salvageable main boards?

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth New Reader
2/12/14 9:39 a.m.

Really needs a starting point on the price.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/12/14 12:09 p.m.

Reposted with prices. No spare mainboards other than new/$$ ones. I turn a lot of MS's some not worth me fixing, I will post anything interesting.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
2/12/14 7:55 p.m.

If you get any that aren't worth your time to fix and can be had cheap, that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
2/12/14 10:15 p.m.

Will do. I have a bunch coming in from Australia that are queationable at best.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
2/12/14 10:24 p.m.

Australia, not Austria!

(Please tell me someone else watches his YouTube channel)

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
2/19/14 1:49 a.m.

Bump for the poor racers!

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
5/2/14 6:20 a.m.

Anyone have a main board they can let go for under $100? Once again, the cheaper the better, and dead is A-OK.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/2/14 12:29 p.m.

WTB a box! I run fuel only with a distributor feed. Blinkenlights wired up to the original spec of warmup/accel/igniton pulse is preferred (instant diagnostics is a big plus for me)

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/2/14 1:16 p.m.

Paul - Dumb question, but I want to make sure I'm completely straight on it.. I've been running a MS1 2.2 board, with a daughterboard for my injectors. My understanding is that I can just drop your MS2 right onto that pig, and get the glorious benefits of higher res maps, right?

Jack
Jack SuperDork
5/12/14 10:43 p.m.

Wonka, I am runing a MS1 box with the "Extra" code and I run a 12x12 map. I do not have the daughterboard installed and used a flyback resistor bank. No need to buy MS2 for 12x12.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
5/14/14 9:46 a.m.

In reply to Knurled:

Your setup always temps me with going to the darkside...

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 HalfDork
5/14/14 10:02 p.m.

Make sure you run 'extra' period.

Ms2 is drop in on any mainboard. Though anything with a vr sensor, v3 or 3.57 makes it a ton easier.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
5/17/14 9:21 p.m.

I have a complete MS v2.2 with fly back board. Lightly used MS1-Extra HEI module and Bluetooth power mod. Willing to trade for an unassembled MS v3. or the cash for one.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DlHiaRz0lbWGEpIe8W66joqNIG75qeCkzKb0Rdk1CLbzh8Eobyqg5jn5oHwW6Aht