wooliesgarage
wooliesgarage None
9/12/13 7:31 a.m.

1990 crx with b16 pulls hard, big radiator,ebay stainless tri y header flowing through straight pipes to a straight through muffler (loud as hell if you use the pedal and the vtec), Super custom $0 scavenged cold air kit with forward facing scoop (redneck engineered, but definately servicable),chipped pcm with bone stock prom, tokikos, ground control coil over sleeves, strut braces both ends, stainless brake lines on integra disc brakes, 14 inch steel wheels and peeling clearcoat (actually non existant clearcoat in some places) The catch......the trans was doa after the last time my wife drove it.Not sure what happened, but I bought a new trans for it..... was supposed to be the right jdm ys1 trans but the kid powerwashed the tag off of it. the broken trans is a ys1 jdm close ratio.... the gearset might be ok, there is a hole in the tranny case on the top side near where the speedo comes out.

This car has been run hard but never when it was cold, always had good oil in it. interrior is there but a little rough.this was my mountain/country road assault vehicle and the scrapes on the underside show it.

come get it. I will add pictures if i can figure out how, or you can email me and i can send you some. should be able to hang a cheap turbo (or nitrous)on this thing, some sticky tires, and do some damage. car is located in VA about 25 minutes east of richmond. please buy it, I have too many projects.

Woolie

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/12/13 8:02 a.m.

host your pix online at a site like Flikr or Photobucket. Then, get the url for the image, and copy it to your clipboard. Click the little camera icon above the smileys just above the text entry box here on the forum, and paste the url into the popup that appears when you clicked the camera.

done.

beans
beans HalfDork
9/12/13 8:37 a.m.

Sounds like the wife was playing Torretto a little too much.

Waiting on pics. Sounds like a fun car.

wooliesgarage
wooliesgarage New Reader
9/12/13 8:53 a.m.

In reply to beans:

she says she didnt take it to the rev limiter for that 2nd gear shift. that time she didnt at least. I sometimes regret being the one that taught her to drive. email is the username for grm @gmail

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
9/12/13 10:12 a.m.

Need to get those pictures up.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/13 12:00 p.m.

Here's pics. This looks like a screaming deal.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/12/13 12:01 p.m.

Looks like something right up the Hong's territory.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/12/13 12:39 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Looks like something right up the Hong's territory.

something about Hennessy Honda and phalluses or something...I thought they were moving on to the Dodge K platform.?!?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/12/13 7:58 p.m.

Rust? Logic behind not spending a couple hours swapping the tranny to make it a $2500 car vs. half price? Does "DOA" mean it won't go into gear? Stuck in gear? Will it move? Is the hole in the existing trans or mystery trans?

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
9/12/13 11:47 p.m.

Hmmm...only an hour from me...

wooliesgarage
wooliesgarage New Reader
9/13/13 6:54 a.m.

In reply to poopshovel: The price is a gift to the grm guys. The logic is there. If you must know my wife was awarded this car in the property settlement and then she broke it. I have a transmission that I paid $250 for and you get that for what I paid for it and you have to pay $1000 for the car because that is what she will take for it and it is a deal. If i fix the car I get nothing except a lot of work to do and she is going to drive it and break it again.

DOA means DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Sh*t housed. The final drive is hanging out of a hole in the case. Motor starts and runs with the clutch in, stalls when you let the clutch out. Car rolls easy as the final drive is GONE.

Come and get it.

Hope this clears things up for you. I am trying to get the car into someone's hands that will run it as that is why it was built in the first place Woolie.

wooliesgarage
wooliesgarage New Reader
9/14/13 1:52 a.m.

The rust on this car is limited to two small rust through spots in the rear of the rear wheel lips this is the typical crx rust hole spot from the inner fender design, these have been modified to eliminate trapped mudrocksdirt. The affected areas are smaller than a dollar bill.

wooliesgarage
wooliesgarage New Reader
9/27/13 1:51 p.m.

Bump for: mortgage is due Tuesday. Come on guys, I want someone who will use this thing to get it and get it going super fun ride. Bring cash because money talks.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
9/27/13 5:56 p.m.

I am just north of Richmond and could store it for a few months for anyone interested. Hell, I've got a garage and could put someone up for a weekend if you want to fix it and drive it home (or to the challenge in November!).

I own too many cars or I'd take it myself.

wooliesgarage
wooliesgarage New Reader
10/5/13 5:56 a.m.

Thanks for the support Flynlow. I really have enjoyed this car and it is someone else's turn. Saturday morning bump.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
10/6/13 11:23 a.m.

wish I had the monies for this

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rNvAoYgK2JLETxFIfHvPzRt9TgD1L0Nb8DYe3HhYmYO6KFHIs6vCQkjp6sJmSZTz