brianmphl
brianmphl None
4/13/15 7:15 p.m.

In Uniontown, PA (15401)

My wife's parents, in their infinite kindness, gave us a rough 93 Dodge Spirit with the Mitsubishi v6. It's the second engine for the car and didn't fare better than the first. It's puking oil from the valve covers and cam seals. Auto trans is surprisingly functional. Windows go up and down, radio gets AM and FM. Could use a few cans of paint but no substantial rust.

Free to a good home. If you plan to race it, you will get priority (hah, the mystical world of people lining up for a k car). It's red, so it must be fast! It's in a buddy's lot now taking up space and will get a date with the crusher if nobody wants it. I'll post pictures tomorrow when the sun comes out.

If you want to rebuild the top end and drive it home on a weekend, I can arrange for space and beer (but not tools) in the area.

drdisque
drdisque Reader
4/13/15 10:03 p.m.

One of my drivers ed cars was a beige '90 Acclaim V6. My initial reaction upon driving the car was that the pedals were very oddly positioned.

My other car was a '87 Tempo coupe with about 250k on it. When we took it on I-696 I tried to drive the speed limit (which on I-696 is 70) as I usually did, but the instructor said "now I know I usually want you to drive about the speed limit, but this car doesn't really like going faster than 60ish."

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/14/15 8:59 a.m.

someone needs to get this and drop in one of the turbo lumps

brianmphl
brianmphl New Reader
4/14/15 9:32 a.m.

Fantastic candidate for a swap! It will do 70 as my wife drove it from Philly to here on the turnpike. It's possible that that contributed to it's demise. I'll go take pictures in a bit.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
4/14/15 10:28 a.m.

You're probably not wanting to hold in to it until July and I like being married so I'll probably pass.

rbankracing
rbankracing New Reader
4/14/15 3:48 p.m.

We might be interested in it for a beater or even a dirt enduro car... I couldn't pick it up this weekend though as we are running the ChumpCar race at Road America this weekend. If you can hold onto it until the following weekend let me know. robinbank@rbankracing.com

brianmphl
brianmphl New Reader
4/14/15 9:07 p.m.

Finally figured out how to get photos from my phone.

http://gravitar.syrinx.io/~brian/spirit/

I bet that gets eaten by the machine, so the address is: gravitar dot syrinx dot io slash tilde brian slash spirit slash

Rbankracing: it's not like people are lining up for it, it's yours for the taking.

brianmphl
brianmphl New Reader
5/11/15 7:42 p.m.

It's still sitting in my buddy's graveyard. Anybody else interested? Check out the photos, it ran getting into it's current spot, so you can probably drive it onto the trailer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IekeqRS71hz2WLkcaLUesFc0oCJmJg7ZjUPQyaWzJxocpgG0yYOEXE62UxD3wRhC