RandyS
RandyS Reader
5/6/11 8:07 a.m.

SOLD

1993 Miata. 184k miles. 5 speed. red. B package (PS, PW, AC, PM, LSD). Aftermarket 15" 5 spoke +35 ET wheels with near new Kumho AST tires (195/50 front, 205/50 rear). Koni Sport (yellow) adjustable shocks. Aftermarket radio. 22mm NB front swaybar included (not installed).

I've owned for almost 2 years now. I bought as a good gas mileage commuter and I drive it to work 2-3 days a week.

Great daily driver, first car, restoration project, or the basis for a racecar.

The good:

• Original. No aftermarket parts other than listed.
  • Good clean Georgia title.
  • Does not burn or leak any fluids.
  • Starts, runs and drives great.
  • Strong engine - good oil pressure. I would drive this car anywhere.
  • Strait body (a few minor door dings/chips but nothing major). Good "10 ft" car.
  • Zero rust anywhere on body or chassis (always a southern car).
  • Respectible original paint (oxydized a little but all there)
  • Passed emissions test.
  • Good original top. Window slightly cloudy but keeping it clean with WD-40 helps a lot.
  • Tombstone perfect. Console perfect.
  • Timing belt and idlers replaced 2k ago.
  • has hardtop strikers.
  • new tie-rod and control arm replaced 2k ago.

The bad:

• The AC compressor went out late last summer. Will need a replacement
  • Heater core started leaking about two months ago. Did a temporary bypass but will need another core installed before winter
  • Drivers side headlight motor died. I just run with the lights up all the time.
  • Currrently has Hawk Black racing brake pads installed. Stops on a dime but dust and squeek so street pads will need to be installed if you want to DD.
  • Rear finish panel missing. It cracked last winter (not from impact - just brittle and cold weather) so I removed it.
  • Drivers seat needs to be replaced or recovered.
  • Drivers side power window regulator died so replaced with a manual regulator
  • minor dash crack.

Looking for $2011. Offers considered. (will also consider offers where I get to keep parts ie. if you have an extra hood or top or wheels or ? in you collection then I will sell car without those parts for a discount. A drivable tub with no body or interior would probably be around $950-1200)

In Roswell, GA solomiata@aol.com

I will add pics this weekend.

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
5/6/11 8:26 a.m.

How close are you to a major airport?

RandyS
RandyS Reader
5/6/11 8:41 a.m.
PoisonousBeef wrote: How close are you to a major airport?

Roswell is a nothern suburb of Atlanta. I'm about 35-60 minutes depending on traffic.

GregTivo
GregTivo HalfDork
5/6/11 9:26 a.m.
RandyS wrote: - Rear finish panel missing. It cracked last winter (not from impact - just brittle and cold weather) so I removed it.

I once took a gorgeous looking finishing panel off a pristine miata. I was oh so careful, got it off, set it on a soft surface, come back an hour later and it had cracked through. Argh those things are brittle.

RandyS
RandyS Reader
5/6/11 12:02 p.m.

I've had several people inquire about transportation to the frozen north. Seems this car in a "drivable tub" state would be a good candidate to transfer body parts from a rusted chassis car.

Acquiring and coordinating transportation is the responsibility of the buyer but I will make myself available to help get the car loaded.

RandyS
RandyS Reader
5/7/11 7:24 p.m.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
5/7/11 10:23 p.m.

Bump for a stand-up seller. Randy will be honest with his descriptions and fair with his pricing, he'll work with buyers, and he knows Miatae. GLWS!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UUT0MkjFk9jLONuM8vRQ22tLhoGUPUp9tijWl7TLr4dz2VH0NZwXT16IjIdau9hb