SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/27/13 9:49 p.m.

I love this car, but I don't honestly think I'll ever get time for it.

That pic is a little old, but it basically looks the same.

It's a great start to a terrific car.

It's rust free, but it has a terrible paint job. Interior is faded, but no tears, etc.

The car is COMPLETE, in all it's quirky '80's awesomeness. It will start, but is the victim of "$20XX Challenge Last Minute Rush Syndrome". Let me explain...

I was taking it to last year's Challenge, and had procrastinated, as required by the rules. Tried to do to much. Put in a brand new Exedy clutch and Firenza lightened flywheel, but when reinstalling the trans in a delusional state of 2:00 AM bleariness, I crimped the shifter cables. That was a big setback with only 24 hours left. I bought the new cables, and got them in at the last minute, but when I got in the car, I could not shift from 1st to 2nd. I tried to align the cables, but never got them right. Life happened, and the car still sits.

I don't know if the issue is improper cable alignment, or if I could have bent the shifter fork reinstalling the trans. I never got back to it.

Along with the brute-ish install of the shifter cable, I never finished the strut install, and the car won't idle (fuel pump is getting a cut off signal from the mass air flow sensor).

Sigh...sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.

Anyway, she's been sitting for a while and needs some lovin', but is definitely worthy. In a couple of weekends, armed with a sufficient amount of patience, she'd be back on the road.

I'll take $1800 as-is. If not, I'll shoot it with some paint, and get the dumb owner back in gear.

Plus, I am heading up I-75 next week with an empty trailer. I'll include free delivery, if you are close enough to the interstate.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop New Reader
2/27/13 10:46 p.m.

You're in Albany, correct? I'd love to buy this but need to liquidate a miata first.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/27/13 10:47 p.m.

Yes, I'm in Albany.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav HalfDork
2/28/13 11:37 a.m.

Is this the one you bought at the 07 or 08 challenge?

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
2/28/13 11:51 a.m.

I'd be all over this if you were in Colorado...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/13 11:54 a.m.

If you can't find a GTX in CO, you're not trying

jim_stockburger
jim_stockburger Reader
2/28/13 12:11 p.m.

So,how far up I-75 are you travelling? Through Tennessee?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/28/13 5:32 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Is this the one you bought at the 07 or 08 challenge?

Yes.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/28/13 5:32 p.m.
jim_stockburger wrote: So,how far up I-75 are you travelling? Through Tennessee?

Yes. All the way to MI.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/13 5:35 p.m.

If it's truly rust free, you could probably advertise it on the GTX Yahoo group and sell it in about 35 minutes with delivery to MI.

leegrx7
leegrx7 New Reader
3/1/13 7:09 a.m.

How about a stop in Tennessee for a cash deal (3 miles off the interstate)--call 843- six five five-5ive 8ight 8 4---or e-mail grasers5 at comcastdot net

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
3/1/13 7:11 a.m.

Rust free, drooooooollllllllllll. No such thing as a rust free GTX in Mi, mine was the typical superleggera version.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
3/1/13 7:27 a.m.

Is this Dollraves car? Where did she go BTW?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/1/13 9:00 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Is this Dollraves car? Where did she go BTW?

No. It's the car I ran against Dollraves. She had a red one, mine is white.

She's on the West Coast.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop New Reader
3/1/13 9:44 a.m.

You think this would make a 4 hour drive, avoiding 1-2 shifts?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/2/13 11:02 a.m.
Sil80redtop wrote: You think this would make a 4 hour drive, avoiding 1-2 shifts?

Nope. Needs a trailer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mFGJD1wi9nptyKct2HGr8IOwhR7hyQBCwhEIXZVfYr4TMBliDKHMp3PpaW19SqeA