noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/9/14 1:58 p.m.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/4694858962.html

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
10/9/14 2:02 p.m.

That thing looks kind of awful, but at the same time I really like it.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/9/14 3:10 p.m.

3+ liters of boosted, lightened, megasquirted, caged, mid-engined fury...with enough budget headroom for decent rubber. Holy challenge winner

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased New Reader
10/9/14 6:55 p.m.

I have seen this car in person it is tempting. Unfortunately I don't think I have the mechanical skill to get it up and running. Anyone good with megasquirt have spare time? Also will need to solve the vacuum leaks and cylinder 3 not firing.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/9/14 9:13 p.m.

If that doesn't make it to the challenge I've lost all faith in you guys...

My marriage and my bank account are glad that's not closer.

WillrunifChased
10/10/14 3:42 a.m.

Real problem is I'm out of town till the 21st. I could pick it up throw a spare set of hoosiers on it and bring it but I would need some serious help getting it running right in the parking lot.

Spinout007
10/10/14 8:03 a.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

Gee thanks..... Berkleying enablers...

Seriously though, if I wasn't trying to get rid of everything preparing for a move, I would take you guys up on it. If I did it now, I would have to get rid of it ASAP after the challenge, and I'm not sure how quickly this would move even at this giveaway price.

WillrunifChased wrote: Real problem is I'm out of town till the 21st. I could pick it up throw a spare set of hoosiers on it and bring it but I would need some serious help getting it running right in the parking lot.

A spare plug/wire/ignition module should take care of the miss on #3. A laptop with a HP tuners license, a sensor to reference boost, and a wideband O2 sensor should get the car running on the MS. Use autotune to rough it out and then some fine tuning to tweak it for longevity. At least in theory, Seeing as how I've pretty much only handled the mechanical side of our builds.

There are enough MS knowledgeable people at the challenge that getting it running should be no issue.

Put the challenge out there, there's been enough talk of a build it in the parking lot team in the past, I'm sure we can put it together. It's not like Thursday night isn't spent in the parking lot anyway. I've got a 10x20 canopy I'll bring out there so we can have some shade to work under if it get's too hot or rains. But if the weather holds like this last week, it will be enjoyable here.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/10/14 8:20 a.m.

man o man...really wish I had the time/space/budget for this.

SWMBO would NOT be pleased with the arrival of a miscreant such as this. But IMHO it would be one of those situations where it would be easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Im not sure a divorce attorney would feel the same way...

WillrunifChased
10/10/14 10:08 a.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

Lets, get this thing going. Start a thread to see if we can get some volunteers to help out. I can make it down to Florida with the car late the 22nd and we could work on it all day the 23rd in the parking lot. I told the owner I would let him know early next week if I would buy the car. Also I don't actually want the car so if anyone would want to buy it after I would be happy not to store it, not that I don't have space.

Spinout007
10/10/14 11:16 a.m.

In reply to WillrunifChased: It has been done....

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
10/10/14 11:21 a.m.
We also removed the bump steer that the stock Fiero is known for.

I didn't know Fiero's had factory installed bump steer that you could so easily remove.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
10/10/14 3:38 p.m.

It's a Fimaro! That is all sorts of strange, yet somehow I am attracted to it.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/10/14 4:52 p.m.

What parts are needed? I am willing to assist

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
10/10/14 7:47 p.m.

iM In what do you need help with?!

Spinout007
10/10/14 9:34 p.m.

Let's try and keep the volunteers in one spot. Here

We need to come up with a way to organize this if it's going to happen. Parts tools etc. I sent willrunifchased a PM earlier, if it didn't go through you can use my screen name @ googles mail service. I'm willing to do what I can ahead of time just because I'm on the ground here locally. Lemme know!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/14/14 1:25 p.m.

...and I just posted to the wrong spot....oops

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
icAy9YDTeugcvtVeORzrpqLfEZQeIOVIj2KsxEB6UtrwOPfKCXbzT2yHNoGbjf2A