That_Renault_Guy
That_Renault_Guy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/8/15 7:39 a.m.

NMNA

Some remote part of my brain is telling me it actually might not be as sketchy as it appears ....

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/5225365099.html

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
10/8/15 7:41 a.m.

Some part of my brain says that someone needs to straighten out the wiring/plumbing, do nothing cosmetically, and rally-x the hell out of it.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/8/15 9:11 a.m.

At least the fuel cell is secured safely.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
10/8/15 10:07 a.m.

Hey, can I ride ? Shure, hold this fuel cell !

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
10/9/15 6:02 a.m.

Showed this to one of my friends he said, "nothing could go wrong with that at all, get it."

At least the passenger seat fuel cell isn't hooked up.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
10/9/15 6:55 a.m.

Handling by Lotus? Hmmm, lets see, a solid axle with a 4 probably home made 4 link in the rear. A bit of extra weight up front. I'm guessing Lotus would like to get their badge back on this one if they could.

Not something you see everyday is right. Could make an interesting sleeper.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/9/15 9:01 a.m.

Seems like a lot of weight on the front axle, wonder if the rear will ever hook up.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/15 3:31 p.m.

These used a version of the Chevette platform, so a V8 swap shouldn't be all that difficult.

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
10/9/15 3:41 p.m.

Why in God's name would somebody do all that work to a 305 when they could do it to a 350 and get the very easy 15% increase in displacement?

pres589
pres589 UberDork
10/9/15 4:24 p.m.

In reply to NGTD:

I'm guessing they parted out a Monte Carlo and put some key parts, like the engine and trans and maybe the rear axle, into this Impulse shell. Basically they used what they had on-hand.

To me this would be a great project for someone that likes to take apart someone else's project and put it all back together again. At that point the 305 block could be swapped for a 350. Or build a 383. Or some other idea.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
10/9/15 6:48 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: Some part of my brain says that someone needs to straighten out the wiring/plumbing, do nothing cosmetically, and rally-x the hell out of it.

I suspect it would be going backwards most of the time in rally-x, lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DbhrAGTtNnkl8s3ey26FTA8v8DTtKI9Zsct9ErTLVdB4ezzrNOYsFHLDoOakijbM