1 2
psychoboy
psychoboy None
1/21/10 5:00 p.m.

You want to rule the next grassroots challenge? You want to kill the racers on the track AND the builders on the grid?

I can't make any promises....but I can give you a heck of a push in the right direction....with this:

yes...it's a Honda. yes... it's a third generation Prelude. yes...those cars came with the dumbest B-series motor ever conceived by Honda.

....but this one has a couple little somethings no other 3rd gen prelude has:

and:

yes....this car has been converted to RWD.

If you look closely, you'll notice 5 lug hubs, a 10-bolt rear axle, and a steering box. all those parts (and rest of the front subframe/suspension) came from a 1976ish firebird (not one that was worth anything, I promise). The wheels are mid 80s 4x4 S-10 15" steels (pattern fits the hubs, offset tucks the tires!!) and the rear subframe is a custom jobber built by me between the front edge of the back seat and the rear bulkhead of the car. The rear end is a custom 4-link with panhard.

The car started life as an 89 prelude S, and it was my daily driver up until the day we started doing this to it. I was building it with the intent of it being the ultimate sleeper / street racer. Almost every last piece of the interior will go back in (unlike every other RWD honda I've seen), and you'll even get a clean and green title in my name (tho...the tags are a bit out of date) if you wanted to put this back on the road.

Or, you can finish it out, and wail on people at the next challenge.

What it needs: It's a project...so it'll need lots of things; mostly plumbing. fuel, brakes, cooling. It'll want some of the front and rear ends stuff rebuilt. It'll need some finish welding, and it could use some body work.

What it comes with: The rolling chassis, as it sits.

Every small block Chevy motor i can find in my shop (last count was two 350s of indeterminate origin, one warmed over 350 out of my old suburban, and a ready-to-be-assembled LT1.

Every GM transmission i can find in my shop (last count was two) a 4l60e and a 700r4.

A set of Camaro 'salad shooters' (ugly 16" alloy wheels).

All the engine/chassis rebuild stuff someone bought when they planned on building this car.

An ECU for a 95 Buick Roadmaster.

....and, basically anything else that I can find for this car (or, anything else you see in my shop that you can convince me ought to come with it).

more pics on my flickr account

A RWD prelude is crazy stupid (or stupid crazy) enough, right?

....the price is even dumber:

$750.

for everything.

Bring $750, a trailer, some straps, and the bed of a pickup, and I'll help you load it all up, tie it all down, and I might even top off your tank and buy you a meal.

...or, if you like, bring $1250, some straps, and the bed of a pickup, and I'll do all the above AND throw in this functional but crappy looking trailer:

I'm in the Oklahoma City metro area, at least three hours from anywhere you would want to be. Feel free to email me and ask me any questions (cuzwhat at gmail dot com), or post them here if you want the rest of the world to read them.

thanks for looking, hope I can help someone finish something i'm obviously never going to get around to doing.

Justin

edit: I'm a giant liar. (or, i'm a moron....take your pick). i just realized that I typed "ready to be assembled LS1" above. while it is true that I have once had an LS1 for this project (as seen in some of the pics), i no longer have this LS1 (its getting crammed into a BMW e30 from what i understand). what i actually have is a ready to be assembled LT1 (which makes the three other gen1/gen2 small blocks make a heck of a lot more sense). So, if anyone really was really hyped over the LS1 and the ultra screaming deal it would make this package, i'm sorry for my stupidity. (and i promise i'll try to stick to hondas and nissans in the future).

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/21/10 5:20 p.m.

Sweet Jesus. Deal of the century.

RossD
RossD Dork
1/21/10 6:44 p.m.

What?!?!? No big block?!!?!?

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/21/10 7:11 p.m.

oh damn. Too freakin far away, if this was spring break time frame I would be all over it.

redzcstandardhatch
redzcstandardhatch New Reader
1/22/10 7:07 a.m.

holy cow what a deal

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
1/22/10 7:30 a.m.

I looked at your page; awesome work, guys! I want to buy it, but I made a commitment to actually start and finish a Challenge project in the same year. LOL! If it helps, I can help with transport. I go to Oklahoma to see my folks pretty often (they live right off of I-40 near Sallisaw). OKC area is about 2.5 hours away from them. I live in Atlanta, so if I can help..............................

-Les

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/22/10 10:37 a.m.

holy E36 M3! wheels777, are you out there?

dmidknight
dmidknight New Reader
1/22/10 12:15 p.m.

Wayne, go to a quiet spot and stay there. Don't look at thi...I said DONT LOOK at this!!

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
1/22/10 12:22 p.m.

Heck I would buy this lot if I was closer, though mostly for all the parts and stuff that comes with it

splitime
splitime Reader
1/22/10 12:37 p.m.
redzcstandardhatch wrote: holy cow what a deal

Can I borrow one of the shop trucks for a few days?

RogerB
RogerB HalfDork
1/22/10 12:41 p.m.

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Finally something close to me, but I'm in no position to get it.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
1/22/10 12:43 p.m.
psychoboy wrote:

Is that a fiberboard trunk floor I see

Kra-zeee killer dealer though

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
1/22/10 12:49 p.m.

Dang

psychoboy
psychoboy New Reader
1/23/10 8:30 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
psychoboy wrote:
Is that a fiberboard trunk floor I see Kra-zeee killer dealer though

yes, yes it is. the subframe is the full back half, and the trunk floor/spare tire well was in the way. i was just going to flat the foor, and hang a fuel cell under it. i was also going to build a small speaker box to hide the rear axle, so when the trunk was popped, it wouldn't give it away.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/23/10 5:07 p.m.

PMed

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
1/23/10 5:16 p.m.

That'd be evil.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
1/23/10 5:16 p.m.

This is one of the best for sale ads I've ever seen.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/23/10 7:59 p.m.

I don't know what sucks worse, how much I want this or how divorced I would be.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/23/10 8:00 p.m.

I am hoping to be first in this line, no response yet

angusmf
angusmf New Reader
1/23/10 8:22 p.m.

Hmm. I already have a VW Pickup stashed in Texas that I need to get home to Mass somehow. What's one more?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
1/24/10 3:58 a.m.

A 2nd trailer? A thousand extra miles? Extra calls from the code enforcement folks regarding the crap in your yard? I dunno- what's one more?

Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/24/10 8:48 p.m.

Oh and anyone coming to get this beauty that needs a place to sleep (for the trip, I will not be responsible for what you signifigant other does to you when you bring it home) is welcome to crash at my place. This beautiful car (and not beautiful but quite functional trailer) reside in the shop I share with Psychoboy and some other nut case gearheads. Come soon and get a sneak peak at our Lemons/Challenge Hot Rod Lincoln.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/10 9:08 p.m.

I'm very interested in the "functional but crappy looking trailer". If someone buys the car and doesn't want/need the trailer, please let me know!

unk577
unk577 New Reader
1/24/10 10:31 p.m.

waiting on reply from Psychoboy

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/24/10 10:59 p.m.

I have been waiting on a reply for three days

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vdJ6sxMSTxyGrZIFHdGt9tDa5DLbXSdIO0hzSiZMJOTFAcDcJjc1kdVOoCspqQXn