Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/17/11 8:31 p.m.

This poor little GT wants a new home. I got it as a parts car for my V8 swap and didn't actually need much out of it. I haven't investigated too closely, but it appears to be a nicely straight body.

The bad: there's a bit of rust on the sills, particularly on the passenger side - see pictures. It's southwestern rust, anyone from the northeast would call this showroom condition. The floors look solid when the carpet is pulled back. Paint is consistent over the vehicle but not great. In the interior, the dash is cracked and the Personal steering wheel needs to be recovered. The front seats also need new upholstery, although the rear bench seat is good. The car also needs new door cards, unless you like wood panelling!

The good: fundamentally solid. All the glass is good and everything on the body works as intended. Straight car. Wire wheels.

Good or bad? The car has a sunroof. It doesn't leak.

What's missing from the car:
- engine and transmission. Perfect for an engine swap. Got a spare 302? Miata engine?
- center console, although I'll throw in a 1972 one if you want it.
- a few little knobs and things
- rear emblems
- heater motor - some carpet pieces, but not as many as the pictures would have you believe.

What comes with it:
- new 1972 taillights
- dash cover
- new control arm bushings (V8 style)
- brake lines
- anything else I can find

$800 OBO. The car's in Grand Junction, CO. I'm willing to work with shipping companies. I know, you'd buy it right now if I was in your town. But I'm not, so show some creativity if you want it! If you come pick it up, I'll take you for a ride in a V8-prepped rally Miata, a 480 hp street Miata or an LS1-powered MGB GT.

Let me know what you want pictures of.

The taillight holes are covered with foil tape to keep the elements out. The discoloration on the fenders and hood is frost.

Left side sill

Top of left rear wheel arch. I have a clean patch that can we welded in to this spot.

Right side sill.

Terrible picture of the interior. The white bits on the dash are double-sided tape from the old dash cover (included with the sale). Check out that door panel!

Passenger floorboard.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/17/11 9:42 p.m.

I did just profess love for the MGB-GT in another thread and that one is missing all the stuff I'd be trying to give away...

Do you have a shipper that Flyin' Miata works with to ballpark guess-timate the cost to NE PA? Am I looking at a $600 or a $1500 problem?

Keith
12/17/11 10:25 p.m.

Customers usually make their own arrangements for shipping to FM, but I'll see if Bill has any recommendations.

There are a number of websites where you can submit a request for quotes. The trick to those is that the expensive guys always respond immediately, so you need a bit of patience.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/18/11 3:08 p.m.

A quick CL search shows a few cars clos enough to make that an unworkable car + shipping price for me. I tried. ;)

Keith
12/26/11 8:31 p.m.

...and it's gone! It will live again. And yes, I gave a thrill ride in the V8 rally Miata by request.

spritedriver28
spritedriver28 New Reader
12/27/11 4:25 p.m.

...and our daughter is madly trying to figure out how to do that to her Miata!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aWMHvK1PLbevuueZouS7xZm2B7sKwlu9TiysJv6tVTLR49GAZ0ExJocvNxxF0Qzs