1 2
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/9/17 7:37 a.m.

EDIT: I'm bringing this thread back to the top.  I am moving, and this car is not going with me.  Make me an offer.  Don't worry about insulting me.

Ok, you G body lovers. This one's for you.

This car would be a great $20XX Challenger, and with the pickup truck class, this is the year to do it. I was going to use it as my tow rig to tow a 2nd Challenge car and be the first Challenge entry tow pig.

This car is the same car Ashyukun worked on for several years, and to my shame, I have done absolutely nothing to it. It just doesn't fit with my current game plan, and it's more than I can handle. I'd like to see it at the $20XX Challenge, but I'm not the one to bring it.

Ashyukun's sale thread

If you'd like more details, there is a link to Ashyukun's build thread in the above link.

The only difference is that the car is now in the South.

Consider this a "gauging interest" thread. I know you will want pics, but I can't get them right away. Ashyukun's linked threads have a few progress pics, but I will get some decent current condition pics soon.

The car has a fresh 355 with Vortec heads and a roller cam. Head recently machined including planing and a 3-angle valve job. GMPP hot cam package. High lift cams and polylocks. Victor Jr knockoff intake and Eldebrock 750 carb. Transmission is a TH350, but sale also includes a manual trans.

Car has been fitted with most of the G-body bracing upgrades available, and includes an SS style front spoiler.

Car needs floorpans welded in (included), and 1/4 panel patches. Then some reassembly- interior is removed, fuel tank needs cleaning, adjust shift linkage, exhaust, etc.

This would be best as a racer- it could be returned to the streets, but it would be hard. It does have a clean title.

Sale includes a cap ("topper" if you are from the South), 2 spare rear ends (one of them is posi), nearly 2 complete interiors (bench seat or buckets- you can choose), 3 steering columns, 2 sets of exterior trim, extra set of wheels, many more spares- it would be super easy to zero this out. When I transported it, spare parts filled the Elky bed, it's interior, my truck, AND the trailer.

I'm selling for exactly what I've got in it. I'm sad I won't be able to give it the love it needs, but really want to pass this one on to a loving home before I do something irreversible to it that I would regret.

Anyone interested? Let's talk.

EDIT: This is NOT a "gauging interest" thread. Car needs to go.

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
3/9/17 7:44 a.m.

The further this car goes to the south, the easier it is for me to convince myself I don't want it.

Could the next buyer be in the Florida Keys to remove the rest of my temptation?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/9/17 8:13 a.m.

Ok, just to add to the temptation...

I am working in SC the next 2 months, and would happily tow it there or anywhere in between for no charge to a loving home.

Pattyo
Pattyo New Reader
3/9/17 9:33 p.m.

How is it that this car has an amazingly detailed build, a thorough for sale ad, and now another for sale ad and yet I do not believe I have ever seen a picture of it? Did I just miss it?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/10/17 7:10 a.m.

In reply to Pattyo:

Perhaps.

I think I explained the picture situation already. Are you voicing an interest, or just sight-seeing?

I mean no disrespect, but I am just trying do do some decent quality communication. If you are an interested party, I will make it a top priority to give you everything you need to make your decisions. If you are just interested in looking at pictures, say so. But it's not gonna be a priority to me.

The proper pictures are gonna take me about 8 hours. Unpacking, moving, setup, etc, etc. Effort I will gladly do for a buyer. But if the truth is you are just interested in looking, than it's kind of disrespectful of my time.

I bought it based on what you see. When I put the time into all the details of getting proper pictures, the sale will no longer be GRM exclusive, and the price might go up.

I understand pictures matter to a sale, and no sale will come without them. But please also understand this from a seller's perspective. Interested? Let's talk.

Thank you.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/23/17 5:32 p.m.

OK, my situation has changed. I will be relocating soon, and this car must go.

It can be picked up in Albany GA, I will haul to anywhere between Albany and Columbia SC, or I will deliver to the $2017 Challenge. If the car is not gone by the Challenge, I will pull the engine, keep a few things, and dispose.

Finally, here are some pictures. I am waay overdue- I apologize.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/23/17 5:33 p.m.

And if you need any further inspiration, here you go:

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/24/17 7:01 a.m.

In reply to wheels777:

You were not the guy I expected to be interested.

You've got my number.

I put the car on Craigslist last night.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/24/17 8:17 p.m.

What kind of price are we thinking?

And any isea of mileage on the engine?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/24/17 8:22 p.m.

i have a verbal commitment, but waiting on deposit.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/17 4:02 p.m.

CL buyer flaked out. Still available.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 4:09 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: What kind of price are we thinking? And any isea of mileage on the engine?

So, since he flaked, what are you thinking?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/17 4:12 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Did you check the thread title?

$1500

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 4:15 p.m.

Well, E36 M3.

I suck at reading comprehension sometimes....

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/17 4:42 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

I tried to avoid answering your question, so you could save face lol!!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/17 5:02 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

If you need a little more temptation, I already offered someone else that I would be willing to transport to Raleigh.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/27/17 10:07 a.m.
SVreX wrote: CL buyer flaked out. Still available.

Inconceivable!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/27/17 10:08 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

Yeah, that almost looks stupid in print, doesn't it??

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/27/17 10:31 a.m.

Does it run and drive at all currently?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/27/17 11:25 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau:

No.

Engine will run (on a gas can). Fuel lines are not connected. Floorpans are cut out, and interior is removed.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
7/27/17 12:47 p.m.

This is a good deal for the price

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
7/28/17 6:34 a.m.

How much for a rear end? I need a spare for the challenge , just in case it (7.5) breaks.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/28/17 6:52 a.m.

In reply to stan_d:

Not ready to part it out yet.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/17 7:11 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

If you change your mind shoot me a price for the engine.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/28/17 7:46 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett:

I probably won't sell the engine alone.

My '60 Elky can't quite get motivated with its 327, so I may put the 355 in it.

But, if you want to buy the whole thing from me, then the engine and spare car is $1500.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iKPMnV3eXaOHS8d9mzEGRnIZzqo3WWm0shIKdoKHAYEIuuUINBpzEGbQLBLBn35L