1 2
bamalama
bamalama New Reader
11/22/08 11:12 p.m.
integraguy wrote: Hey Duende, speaking of a 4 door Mustang... A few years ago, Mustangs and Fast Fords ran an article and pix about a LTD LX that a guy added the front clip of a "slant nose" Mustang to. It wasn't exactly a direct swap, but it can, and in his case, is/was doable.

People liked that? I didn't care for it.

The way to go is the LTD II front clip on a Fairmont Futura. It just looks right.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
11/23/08 7:11 a.m.
P71 wrote: They DID make a baby LTD Wagon. I used to have one... Mine was puke tan with the 3.3L I6 and an ATF-puking auto. I realize they never made a "5.0 LX" version, but that shouldn't stop you from making one of your own!

faux woodgrain and a nasty boosted smallblock woul make that car awesome.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/23/08 9:42 a.m.

I don't know if they ever came with wood? I never saw one, but it did seem like every single one ever made was that puke-tastic tan color. The turbo truck guys from Drag Week built up a Fairmont version (2-door) with a 5.3 LSx and a turbo and went 10's. That car was wicked!

Duende
Duende Reader
11/23/08 10:31 a.m.

Not too sure whether they came with wood either but I vaguely recall seeing one, whether it was stock or owner-added I've no idea.

My wife has a better chance of understanding patina than woodgrain on a car...

Lugnut
Lugnut Reader
11/23/08 3:16 p.m.

With some good vinyl and the right mouldings, you can add wood to anything. Maybe I should design a wood kit for the GTO!

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
11/23/08 3:31 p.m.
Duende wrote: Not too sure whether they came with wood either but I vaguely recall seeing one, whether it was stock or owner-added I've no idea. My wife has a better chance of understanding patina than woodgrain on a car...

Duende
Duende Reader
11/24/08 3:44 p.m.

Doesn't get much more sleeperish than that... And so full of potential!

They're not even extraordinarily heavy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fl20Oz22umFd8gVLYwHS7HosAYWrLd8VxUuLrFENPNvXFV06XsyBjbqmBDeLBEe8