TWHansen
TWHansen New Reader
10/21/09 4:05 p.m.

Affectionately known as "The Yellow Peril". Some assembly required.

Blew the head gasket 2 years ago, finally got it all together and we seem to have compression issues. I did have the head machined to correct warpage but it doesn't want to run on all 4 cylinders.

At any rate, I've got the transmission and all the parts needed to swap it from automatic to manual and a whole pile of other parts.

It's probably the least rusty van of its type you'll find in WI; the only rust is at the right bottom corner of the windshield.

If you really want to go full double gonzo, rip out the Toyota lump, stuff in a junkyard small block amidships and relocate the driver's seat to a lower, central position a la the McLaren F1. I have drawings but nowhere near the real-world fabrication skills to make that happen.

Flexible on price if your plans are bitchin'. Will also consider interesting trades. The van does have a clear title in my name.

Van is in my garage up here in Milwaukee, WI

Tim Hansen 262-325-0346

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/21/09 4:11 p.m.

Oh dear..

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/21/09 5:01 p.m.
nocones wrote: Oh dear..

Ha Ha Ha! When I lived in the Dominican Republic it was common to see those things jammed with 25-30 people. I'm sure you could figure out a way to stuff a 360 inside!

Besides, you're in his neck of the woods!

Did you get my PM?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/21/09 5:38 p.m.

I really want someone to go full double gonzo on this. Really, TWHanson has some awesome ideas

TWHansen
TWHansen New Reader
10/21/09 6:14 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: I really want someone to go full double gonzo on this. Really, TWHansen has some awesome ideas

Jeff
Jeff Dork
10/21/09 7:30 p.m.

You Sir, are a berkeleying Guinness!

TWHansen
TWHansen New Reader
10/21/09 7:36 p.m.
Jeff wrote: You Sir, are a berkeleying Guinness!

I could go for a berkeleying Guinness. Perhaps off to the bar then. Ooh, liquor stores open for another hour and twenty minutes...hmm...

Buy my van!

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/21/09 8:09 p.m.

I have one sincere problem with these vans.....the gas tank is under the drivers seat... When I worked as a mechanic, one of our customers drove one of these, he kept complaining he was smelling gas, so we looked into it...fuel line had cracked and was spraying the bottom of the seat. now keep in mind he was a smoker... How he didn't blow himself to kingdom come I have no clue. But the mid engine/center drivers position does make me go hmmmmm.....just glad it's the other side of country

TWHansen
TWHansen New Reader
10/21/09 8:42 p.m.

I will also consider partial trades of parts and/or parts cars.

I need a radiator and fan clutch assembly and some other bits for a grey-market '86 BMW 528i. My brother hit a deer with his and we're putting it back together.

I also really need a decent set of wheels and tires for my 1994 Volvo 960 wagon; in fact, I could use a complete 960 with working climate control for parts since my fuse box is all melty. If it's a job you want to help me with I'll count your labor towards the trade as well.

While we're at it, I've got a '77 MGB with a flaky Zenith Stromberg carburetor that could do with an upgrade. If any of you are old hands with those and have the parts and knowhow to help me upgrade to twin SU's or something, I'd be interested.

I also have friends that are intent on fielding a team in the Chicago-area LeMons race next year but they have no interest in the Benz or the van. They demand a stick shift and a car shape. Again, I am encouraging them to find a 5-speed Volvo, turbo or not, but consideration will be given to whatever you've got.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
10/22/09 5:30 a.m.
TWHansen wrote:
thatsnowinnebago wrote: I really want someone to go full double gonzo on this. Really, TWHansen has some awesome ideas

Bring a tape measure, I don't think there's enough room between the driver and rear axle to drop that in.

Dan

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9IpNll6iOmTC4UuLr3hm6EajZb4Wbu6bruLdHg2CnW7XgWro6oZbZs4p6GdDH22e