1 2
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/21/18 12:16 p.m.

Car is sold.

Here is my thread on it. Everything I've done is in there I think. Well except I have installed a radio and speakers and I changed the steering wheel to a Grant. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/the-1989-civic-hatchback/125708/page1/

It's got around a quarter of a million miles on it. Stock 1.5L engine. It does have some leaky valve seals but it's certainly not excessive. 

It is a 4 speed manual so it's turning some higher rpms at 70. But generally runs good. 

Highlights are ground control coil overs with adjustable upper a arms in front and rear as well as adjustable toe links in the rear. 

It is a very solid and rust free Texas car. Great start for a build.

Just passed Texas safety inspection and tags just arrived today. Good to go for another year.

GRM friends and family price of $1700

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/21/18 12:38 p.m.

Nice car - too far for me.  

Of course you will probably swing through Nashville on your way to Florida so maybe I can come down and meet you there. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/21/18 12:43 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Unfortunately, we'll be flying to Florida.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/21/18 1:00 p.m.

Midway to Austin is running $216.00 right now............I will just have a long ride back. 

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
4/21/18 1:16 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Midway to Austin is running $216.00 right now............I will just have a long ride back. 

Please buy this so that I’m not forced to make a poor financial decision.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/18 1:27 p.m.

Yeah, I just looked up Orlando to Austin in 3 weeks time... I need to get rid of a project for a fly and drive. surprise 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/21/18 2:54 p.m.

That’s a pretty car!  Can this era civic be easily swapped with a newer Vtec lump?

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/21/18 3:37 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 :

I think that's a thing. I really haven't looked into it.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/21/18 5:43 p.m.

Yes, you can buy off the shelf mounts and wiring for pretty much any Honda 4 banger.

I really want this car, and if I had less projects on the go right now I'd drive it back to Canada.

Mr. Lee
4/21/18 7:22 p.m.

Yeah, I need to run away from this thread... It's got me thinking about doing stupid things.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/21/18 7:32 p.m.

Not to run anyone off and I've said this before but it really does look a lot better in pictures than it does in real life. But she's got good bones. 

Also anyone thinking a fly and drive be prepared for a pretty exhausting drive. It can be a little harsh and noisy. I have no doubts it'll make a long trip. But it would be a pretty tiring experience. 

The springs aren't extremely stiff or anything but it's more on the harsh side than it is comfy. It's a much better around town run about than highway cruiser. 

Mr. Lee
4/21/18 7:53 p.m.

That's why you take the scenic route. laugh

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/21/18 8:57 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

Not to run anyone off and I've said this before but it really does look a lot better in pictures than it does in real life. But she's got good bones. 

Also anyone thinking a fly and drive be prepared for a pretty exhausting drive. It can be a little harsh and noisy. I have no doubts it'll make a long trip. But it would be a pretty tiring experience. 

The springs aren't extremely stiff or anything but it's more on the harsh side than it is comfy. It's a much better around town run about than highway cruiser. 

You need to convince seth he needs it. He likes hondas. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/22/18 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

He had one that was already built. I think he never really warmed up to it in the same way I've never really warmed up to this one. 

Mr. Lee
4/25/18 5:10 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Clearwater/St. Pete to Austin is $60. I know the pain....

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/25/18 9:44 p.m.

I'd be happy to meet anybody at the airport and I'm sure it's cheaper to fly to Austin but Killeen is a hell of a lot closer for me. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/1/18 7:55 p.m.

Bumping this because it's getting ready to go on Craigslist and Facebook. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/18 8:21 p.m.

I’m pretty sure that I just checked your location for the third or fourth time. 

GroupSects
GroupSects GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/2/18 10:52 a.m.
Woody said:

Same, I've almost talked myself into paying for shipping a couple of times as well.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/2/18 12:06 p.m.

Grm wagon train? Pat wanders south pretty regularly. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/18 12:24 p.m.

Huh.  Here's what a 250,000 mile Civic in PA looks like:  

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
5/2/18 1:38 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

surprise

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/2/18 1:46 p.m.

I really need this! 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/2/18 1:53 p.m.

I think with would make a great death cart. 

GroupSects
GroupSects GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/2/18 3:53 p.m.
GroupSects said:
Woody said:

Same, I've almost talked myself into paying for shipping a couple of times as well.

Talked myself into it again, PM sent.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E5jvnkU0WMlI5rK6C9hmXzfg8xvFYFXh3JORAY1cAkF25tNejeeLgYfSJqNoBlfT