firefly1_0
firefly1_0 New Reader
3/20/15 1:27 p.m.

Perfect for the 2015 or 2016 challenge up for sale is my 1991 Pontiac Firefly.

this car started its life as a bone stock 3 cylinder in G stock in 2003, chassis mileage is low, maybe 75,000 miles (135,000 Kms) in total. over the time since then its had a second 3 cylinder engine and then a third 3 cyl. MegaSquirt powered Turbo engine that was making about 115whp and just as many tq's. i have since sold this engine to make way for the Suzuki Swift GT 1.3L DOHC engine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzj1PMNicIZ8d3ZaVU52bDB5SE0&authuser=0

the front end has been converted (knuckles and brakes) to accept the SSGT axles (bigger spline count and such). the engine is torn down and waiting for some machine work after the pistons have been coated, the crankshaft has been polished (STD/STD) and also checked for any balance issues. no grinding/machining was required to the pistons to match all 4 piston rod assemblies. i have an engine overhaul gasket set and bearings, other accessories will be required. there is a little surface rust under the car but none where it matters, the car is solid and the paint is original. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzj1PMNicIZ8dXo5V1p3ZXVMWE0&authuser=0

the good

caged 6 point (1.5"X0.120" seamless DOM) with NASCAR Door Bars on the drivers side (WCMA Road Race Specs, ASN-FIA Canada) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzj1PMNicIZ8d3ZaVU52bDB5SE0&authuser=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzj1PMNicIZ8dXo5V1p3ZXVMWE0&authuser=0

comes with adjustable Koni Inserts and Intrax springs (parts car has low KM KYB GR-2 in it) new Civic Si Front Calipers and Hawk DTC-60 pads with custom slotted and cross drilled Brembo Rotors (from Raceshopper.com) with new stainless brake hoses and Swift GT Front Hubs with new bearings and seals

Taylor master power switch, 4ga wires and new Moroso Battery box adjustable rear toe bars with heim ends to be installed 2" exhaust 3 point front and rear strut tower bar and 4 point lower front bar i have a OMP RS seat in the car now. can be included or removed.

the bad

not quite rolling at this point. just some rear end stuff to bolt up. need to add a few things from the parts car that is included in the sale. rear disk brakes from the Suzuki Swift GT parts car are also waiting to be removed from the parts car and installed. this roller is waiting for a rebuild on a 1.3L DOHC 4cyl engine, i have one that's dismantled and waiting for little machine time. i also have a whack of spares (Aluminum and steel wheels, Cams, intakes, wiring, an ECU or two, a Rally chip and socket waiting it be installed (if i can find it) and a spare transmission plus lot more) OMP Steering wheel and quick release is not included. not parting out anything unless its a spare that is not required for the car, pick-up only

now it sits as a caged roller waiting for love from someone that will take care of it and finish this one up.

listing it at $1450 USD to get the ball rolling. car is located 30 miles west of Edmonton Alberta Canada.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
3/21/15 5:40 p.m.

you pics aren't showing

firefly1_0
firefly1_0 New Reader
3/23/15 7:23 a.m.
Billy_Bottle_Caps wrote: you pics aren't showing

how about now?

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/15 7:37 a.m.
firefly1_0 wrote:
how about now?

Still not showing.

firefly1_0
firefly1_0 New Reader
3/23/15 9:02 a.m.
dj06482 wrote:
firefly1_0 wrote:
how about now?
Still not showing.

for crying out loud...

how about links?

firefly1_0
firefly1_0 New Reader
4/13/15 7:36 a.m.

Bump, make an offer.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
4/13/15 9:50 a.m.

firefly1_0
firefly1_0 New Reader
4/14/15 7:52 a.m.

In reply to SkinnyG:

hehehe, LS or go home...

firefly1_0
firefly1_0 New Reader
5/7/15 1:20 p.m.

update time.

so before i send the car to the wrecker to be crushed i figure that this is worth it.

$750.00 for the Roller as it sits with the new front brakes installed on rebuilt front hubs and the 4 Adjustable Koni's.

willing to part out lose parts: used OMP RS seat (FIA HOMO built 1999) - 150 dollars OMP FIA Seat Mounts 100 dollars (installed, not used) CROW brand HANS compatible (SFI 16.1 built 2010) 5 Point CAM LOCK Harness (Black), still have box, installed but car has not moved... 125 dollars Re-Cert is 60 USD from CROW) NEW I/O Port SFI Window Net 50 dollars (has adjustable strappy bits at the bottom so fitment range is wide)

G-Force Window net install kit (push button style not latch), 15 dollars - a couple little parts are missing (weld in tabs)

spare engine bits available

stock intake with bored SR20 TB and TPS $120 (not a Cultus intake) ITB set up for the Swift GT head $100 Bare block $125 head with valves and lifters (assembled) $150

other bits available as well, hit me up and i'll see what i got.

willing to ship smaller lighter parts that fit in small boxes at buyers expense only at this time.

firefly1_0
firefly1_0 New Reader
6/18/15 8:04 a.m.

Sale Pending on the Roller.

everything else is still up for grabs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4gffkBaPLiCBqClqk3HvgoBV2r0Nty4w4xNXdySbbf9jhgDVyZIso8xjOIwGikhL