1 2
Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/3/18 9:29 a.m.

Dear Hive,

With mixed emotions, I am posting one of my rescues for rehoming. Her name is Tamaryn Edythe – a 2001 Dodge Neon ACR. She came into our lives only a few short months ago, but her time has come to go. It's not her fault, we have ten cars and need to thin the herd, along with trying to buy a home, it's not practical to keep and maintain all of them, and her designated spot as “track car” is being eliminated.
She truly deserves a home with someone who will take care of and appreciate her and maintain her for what she is and NOT HACK her up into a 2.4na or SRT swap car or part her out or junk her when she does Neon things. All of her factory ACR bits are intact – struts, mag motor, bumper, exhaust, ram head seats, etc. Minor modifications done being: Maddog short throw, OEM style replacement headlights, Hawk brake pads, and Federal 595 tires since we got her. Rust free shell, as we assume she spend most of her life in Florida (her window sticker was in the glove box). Paint is there, but it has the distinctive cracked/scratched look of all cars painted this color. One surface rust bubble on driver's A pillar the size of a dime. Never got around to taking a paint pen to it.
She is a salvage title car, that's how we rescued her. Photos included, and thread can be found, but it was a light front hit and the only necessary replacement was the hood. We found a junkyard one that matched her scratched up paint almost perfectly.
Since we took her in in February, she has performed flawlessly for us and has been brought up to our perfectionist maintenance standards. The last weekend in April, she took to the track at Mid-Ohio and continued her streak of reliability, with 160min of hot lapping completed. Well maintained, well sorted, and well loved track car/fun daily/restoration car. Everything is there and everything works – including the A/C. Turn key.
$1900 OBO (will be keeping the new Federals is you low ball)
Will only be sent to a well deserving home, as we do not want to find her back on her way to the crusher anytime soon, we don't like saving cars twice.

Link to build thread: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/copart-01-dodge-neon-acr/136847/page1/

Car came to me with 171,233 miles, it currently sets just shy of 175K, I still drive it some, so miles will go up. 

Maintenance done: 

Timing belt and water pump at 150K
Thermostat at 174K
Brake fluid flush, Hawk pads, Turned rotors at 173K
Tyrods and alignment at 172K
CV axles at 172K
Shifter bushings and shifter at 172K
Plugs and wires at 171K
Oil change when I got it, then 500 miles later then every 2k since, I changed it after the last track weekend. 
Trans flush 174K
Air filter 171K
I know im missing sone stuff but thats what I recall. 

Car is located in Columbus, Ohio. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
5/3/18 10:38 a.m.

Cool car! I probably shouldn't be asking this: but do you by any chance know how head/helmet room in these compares to, say, a similar era Civic or Focus?

Professor_Brap
5/3/18 10:41 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

Cool car! I probably shouldn't be asking this: but do you by any chance know how head/helmet room in these compares to, say, a similar era Civic or Focus?

Im 6'4 and have a little head room with a helmet on. It has about the same as a ZX3/5 and a wagon of the 2000-2004 year range. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
5/3/18 11:06 a.m.

Ok, that's what I was thinking but it's been awhile since I've been in one. I might be interested. This is almost exactly what I'd want to fill my spot in the driveway but we weren't planning to "restructure" our little fleet quite yet so some things and conversations would have to happen first.

Are you in Ohio? (guessing from your mention of Mid Ohio track days)

Professor_Brap
5/3/18 11:22 a.m.

I am in ohio, Columbus/Newark, Ohio. I will add that to the posting, sorry. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/18 9:06 p.m.

Please be far away OH HELL NO

Professor_Brap
5/4/18 9:22 a.m.
Knurled. said:

ill even deliver since your close ;)

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/18 9:43 a.m.

Just don't deliver it to my house, I don't have any space. cheeky

Professor_Brap
5/4/18 9:51 a.m.
EvanB said:

Just don't deliver it to my house, I don't have any space. cheeky

I wasnt planning on it, but I still can if you want ;) 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/18 11:38 a.m.

You can deliver a tractor to my house though, that would be fine. 

Professor_Brap
5/4/18 11:44 a.m.
EvanB said:

You can deliver a tractor to my house though, that would be fine. 

When ever you want it let me know. 

Also dont be afraid to make a offer or even offer trades. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
5/4/18 12:29 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Looks too nice to rallycross...

Professor_Brap
5/4/18 1:31 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Knurled. said:

never to nice to rallycross

wae
wae SuperDork
5/4/18 1:36 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Knurled. said:

BlueInGreen - Jon
5/4/18 4:29 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

Ok, that's what I was thinking but it's been awhile since I've been in one. I might be interested. This is almost exactly what I'd want to fill my spot in the driveway but we weren't planning to "restructure" our little fleet quite yet so some things and conversations would have to happen first.

Are you in Ohio? (guessing from your mention of Mid Ohio track days)

Never mind.  My wife is not yet ready to consider parting with her beloved Focus.  I hope the Neon goes to a good home.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/18 5:57 a.m.
wae said:
eastsideTim said:
Knurled. said:

I always thought that a Neon makes a great stock class car because it's so basic and it just works.  The suspension has good reflexes and the sprung:unsprung weight is good and the 2 liter engine is very flexible and tolerant of a lot of abuse.

Of course some people like wrenching and staring at broken cars more than driving so they do engine swaps, but there you have it.

( devil )

Professor_Brap
5/7/18 7:14 a.m.

Monday bump, Make offers! 

Professor_Brap
5/7/18 1:22 p.m.

Racecar modivation? 

BlueInGreen - Jon
5/7/18 2:38 p.m.

I really wish you were selling this at the end of the summer. Maybe if I sold the old van, she might go for that cheeky 

I'd have to find out if insuring a salvage title is much more expensive here in MI, the state of $$$$ no fault liability car insurance.

Hmm...

Professor_Brap
5/9/18 9:48 a.m.

Ill throw in a AFX Race ECU already programed to the SKIM and a UDP if whoever buys it wants it. 

fusion66
fusion66 New Reader
5/11/18 1:52 p.m.

pm sent

Professor_Brap
5/16/18 8:48 a.m.

Need this gone, in the middle of purchasing a house and do NOT want to move this car. 

Professor_Brap
5/21/18 8:54 a.m.

$1500

roadsportusa
roadsportusa New Reader
5/23/18 1:52 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

call me . may be interested in turning it into a road race car

Ron

cell 267-230-8579

Professor_Brap