red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
10/5/18 9:15 p.m.

Seller: Michael Carpenter

Contact Info: PM via forum for email / phone number (click on my name, then click on contact)

Price:  $SOLD

Build thread where I talk about ownership.

What you get for two thousand and eighteen USA dollary-doos:

2002 Honda Civic Si with ~143,500 miles

16x6.5 Enkei RP-01 wheels with 205-55-16 Hankook Ventus RS-4 mounted

Hondata KPro installed in original PNF ECU - Flashed to factory map with 7300rpm rev limit, factory knock control enabled, and immobilizer enabled

Sparco R100 seat black cloth / red with Civic specific base and sliders

DC Sports air intake 

Stoptech Sport pads f/r

I bought this car from the original owner about a year ago.  Here 14,000 miles later, it's time to move on to a new daily driver.  I've priced it WAY below what I have into it, and I'd like to just sell everything as a package and get it all out of my garage.  I have a ton of receipts and paperwork for repairs from the time I owned it, as well as from the original owner.

Overall the car is in decent condition.  AC blows cold, heater is hot.  Everything works.  All of the lights light up.  The paint is shiny.  It's originally from Chicago (the PO moved around a bit for construction jobs) and was street parked so there are bumps from parallel parking, and some door dings.  There's no rust that I'd even consider minor anywhere on the body.  It does show some surface rust on various bolt heads and brackets.  The interior is clean and smoke free.  I haven't seen too many of these that don't have a bunch of wear on the seat covers.  There's a minor oil leak that shows up on the bellhousing.  The belt routing makes a bit of noise with the A/C on, I have an extra A/C clutch and belt for it.  The front suspension has a clunk that I haven't been able to exorcise.

Additional photos on my imgur:  https://imgur.com/a/70Zap

I'm happy to answer any questions about the car.  I'm near the Airport in Nashville, and will be happy to accommodate a fly & drive.  I might even do a drive & fly for a motivated buyer.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/5/18 9:58 p.m.

Nice - I’ll be flying into Nashville in 10 days - and we need a spare car.  This might not end well for my wallet.  

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
10/5/18 10:00 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Nice - I’ll be flying into Nashville in 10 days - and we need a spare car.  This might not end well for my wallet.  

Lucky for you I'll be in Vegas for a convention.

maisgelb
maisgelb GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/5/18 10:05 p.m.

I'm interested. Please email or pm me. Either I can't pm or can't figure out how...

I'm curious how tall you are since you mention some roof contact with a helmet on. Also, do you still have the stock parts -- driver seat, airbox, wheels, etc.?

Thanks,

Karl

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
10/5/18 10:41 p.m.
maisgelb said:

I'm interested. Please email or pm me. Either I can't pm or can't figure out how...

I'm curious how tall you are since you mention some roof contact with a helmet on. Also, do you still have the stock parts -- driver seat, airbox, wheels, etc.?

No problem, you should have an email with my info.

In case anyone else has the same questions - I'm 6' of mostly neck, and I like to sit really upright.  I do have the stock parts, the OEM driver's seat and wheels are currently installed, and the shift knob, stereo, and airbox are also around.  The airbox is in kinda sad shape, only two bolts really hold it together, the plastic barb for the make up air hose broke off (i've tried various epoxies to fix it but it's really done I think), and it's been cut per hondata's instructions.  I'd get a new one if you didn't want to use the DC intake.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
10/6/18 7:22 a.m.

This is a REALLY nice car, I saw it in person, very clean, When you meet him , You will know you made a good Choice.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
10/6/18 7:34 a.m.

Bump for a great deal!  Wish I could talk Kazoo Jr. into liking these, as it seems like a great "kid's car".  

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
10/6/18 9:33 a.m.
kazoospec said:

Bump for a great deal!  Wish I could talk Kazoo Jr. into liking these, as it seems like a great "kid's car".  

It makes fun noises with the intake, and is slow enough to keep you out of trouble.

https://youtu.be/WcYzFa_rb3w

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/6/18 7:52 p.m.

Very cool. I have always loved these. 

BTD
BTD Reader
10/7/18 2:56 a.m.

Message sent!

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
10/7/18 1:04 p.m.

Sale pending to maisgelb!

TAC_Rx
TAC_Rx New Reader
10/8/18 8:30 a.m.

If that sale falls through, I'm very interested as a back-up buyer. I'm semi local too. 

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/8/18 1:05 p.m.

In reply to red_stapler :

This is a good thing... No I can get my mind off of it. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/9/18 9:05 a.m.

yes.. also interested..  let me know.  I have a friend who I need to visit in TN.. would do a fly n drive.

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
10/9/18 11:14 a.m.

That's a really good deal.  Stockers with questionable maintenance are listed for twice that amount around here.  I was looking at them before I found my '98 hatchback.

AMSwagon
AMSwagon None
10/10/18 10:48 p.m.

Going to convince the wife to let me have a fuel efficient ent vehicle.

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
10/13/18 4:53 p.m.

Sold!  maisgelb flew in today and drove her home.

maisgelb
maisgelb GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/14/18 7:49 p.m.

Michael was a wonderful host and the car easily made the trip home to Ohio. While I was in Nashville, we took in the offbeat and bizarre vehicles at the Lane Motor Museum. I had never been there before and it was quite an experience to see all the wacky and wonderful things they have collected. Definitely worth a look if you're in the area! And do the basement tour if you have the opportunity.

We also had some excellent local BBQ for lunch before I got on the road. A huge thanks to Michael for helping my fly and drive go so smoothly!

I was continually amazed by the things they have at LMM. There was Tatra ambulance in the garage where we parked... I had no idea that these existed. And it wasn't even part of the main exhibit area.

The obligatory rest area pic. I'm looking forward to putting some miles on this one.

Until 2 years ago, I had never owned a Honda. Now I have the EP3 to go with my S2000 and my wife has an Odyssey (soon to be sold) and a Fit. Not a bad mix. I never thought I'd be a Honda guy but that seems to be what's happening...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8p1RoVKLxz8L5HPi1TIVhMimkLI2q0poKmS6XFmjzzyQQuDZMd819J9aSO8n0xwR