wae SuperDork
6/7/18 8:55 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

something something rear engine...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
6/7/18 9:00 a.m.

In reply to wae :

I sort of already have another winter project...

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/7/18 1:36 p.m.

You guys are sleeping on this. Probably this weekend this will become the sixth car at my house, and the first car I've ever bought twice. Anybody interested better start throwing money at Tim. Do I hear $1600? $1700? Bueller? Bueller?

Edited to say: Sixth car *of mine*. Eight cars isn't too many right? Good thing we have a lot of driveway and garage space.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/7/18 1:40 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

8 cars isn't too many says the man with 12 vehicles.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy UltraDork
6/7/18 2:33 p.m.

I currently have 7.  But the wife has given me the eviction Notice on some of them.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
6/7/18 2:51 p.m.

I'm sitting at 6 if you don't count the one that's cut up into pieces behind my barn.  Did you know they make death wheels large enough to mount in a circular saw?  It's kinda fun if you don't think about the whole dying part.

1500 seems really reasonable for this thing, I've paid 2/3rds of that for just a 300hp engine before.  I need to thin the herd first though as SWMBO is getting annoyed that we can't turn a car around in the driveway anymore.  I tried to tell her to just back in but that didn't go over so well...

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/7/18 4:32 p.m.

I have a 9" grinder, but the last time I cut up a car I used a reciprocating saw. I'm a lot more comfortable cutting large pieces of metal up with one of those!!

We have an enormous driveway and I'd hate to calculate how many I could park before interfering with the upper turnarounds. More than I'm comfortable owning. Plus the best view from the house would be cluttered up with cars then. Anyway, planning to head to Cincy on Friday and get this back!!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/18 6:00 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to dculberson :

I have 16 here but they aren't all mine so it's ok right?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/7/18 7:40 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Is it ok to use you as a counter example when I break the news to my wife?? ;)

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/18 8:16 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Sure, maybe then she'll think you don't have enough cars.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
6/7/18 8:57 p.m.
EvanB said:
Stampie said:

In reply to dculberson :

I have 16 here but they aren't all mine so it's ok right?

I suspect I’d be like this if I had more than a quarter acre and a 2 car garage.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/9/18 12:27 a.m.

And it's home with me now. 100 miles of flawless comfort. You guys missed out. It's really nice. I can't help but plan what I will/would do to it to keep it daily drivable, but I don't think that's its future. It remains to be seen what its future is, though.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
6/9/18 6:17 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Glad the trip went smoothly.  Can’t wait to see what its next life will be.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5ga9mV4AjgLeqRCnTrByVNjWe3QzOfomIX9eP91XsUWDGOnu0CPb5pdLnU3xxmIH