saruken
saruken Reader
11/16/18 9:23 a.m.

This thing was built by Jasper in 1986 (still has the tags on it) and then sat in my grandfather's barn for the last 32 years. It's dirty and has some surface rust, but it still turns by hand and the internals look great. See picture below. Gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/4K5MZ3q

We're trying to clean out the barn, so make an offer!

And if you're interested in old Jeep parts, he's got a ton of other stuff in there -- engine, drivetrain, interior bits. Mostly for J10/J20s and SJ Cherokees. I have pictures if anyone's interested.

I'm in Tennessee and this stuff is in Ohio, but I'll be up there around Thanksgiving. I can grab stuff and store it for a bit, but I'm really hoping someone will haul at least the engine away this month. Comes with a free period-correct stand!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/16/18 11:09 a.m.

The engine whore in me wants this bad but I have nothing to put it in. He wouldn't have a full time AWD divorced transfer case would he?

saruken
saruken Reader
11/16/18 12:01 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Do any of these things look like what you're after? https://imgur.com/a/BhUzMei

Stampie
11/16/18 5:06 p.m.

In reply to saruken :

I think I see 6 transfer cases there. I'd want a BW 1305 or an NP203.  Hopefully they have tags on them?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/18 5:43 p.m.

If you’re around next friday or Saturday i can come by with a little cash and see if i can use anything and see if i can ID one of the transfer cases for Stampie.

i’ll be home from Michigan Thursday night after turkey fest

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
11/16/18 6:44 p.m.

The three tcases i see in the background of the pic are all quadratracs with out the low range.  They are full time (well sort of full time) but they are not divorced, and both output shafts are offset to the passenger side, not just the front, so you would need a rear axle to match. They did have a follpwing in the offroad racing community in the 70s.

Stampie
11/16/18 10:12 p.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

Are those the quadratracs that came attached to the Jeep version of the TH400?  If so they might work.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/18 8:06 a.m.

Yeah it would be. Those were the 76-79 version that matched to the TH400. Had one of those in my FS cherokee with a 401. Worked really good. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/17/18 8:23 a.m.

Any 4 cyl jeep engines by chance? Would be looking for a trans/t-case to go with it. Cousin has a 50's willys he's resto-modded, and that's all that's he's got left to put in for a running/driving classic.

Stampie
11/17/18 8:37 a.m.

In reply to saruken :

If you can hook up with Patrick that would be great.  Any idea on what he wants for them?  Bulk discount?

saruken
saruken Reader
11/17/18 9:52 a.m.

Stampie and Patrick:

Friday 11/23 would be the best day for me to meet up. I'm super busy this weekend but I will try to dig around for tags, pictures of tags, and other potentially identifying info off the cases. As for price, we really don't know what it's all worth and mainly he just wants it out of the barn because he's trying to sell the building. So I trust GRM people to make a reasonable offer.

Mr. Lee:

No other engines back there, unfortunately.

Also:

One thing I forgot to mention too, is there's a whole engine testing rig back there: https://imgur.com/a/ipyXxCA

Don't know anything about it, but sure would be happy to give Granddad some cash and see it gone, if anyone's interested.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/18 10:15 a.m.

Definitely interested in the test stand because i was going to build one at some point here anyway 

my number is 330 two four two 0771 shoot me a text and I will come out next Friday.  I will bring a small low trailer just in case, because i hate lifting heavy stuff.  I have already informed my wife that we’re going to Akron next Friday (we’re in Medina county so not far)

Stampie
11/17/18 3:22 p.m.

While y'all are looking can you make sure there's an adapter that came with them?  Guess it looks like this?

saruken
saruken Reader
11/18/18 12:42 p.m.

Texted with Patrick a bit, and he's got dibs on the engine rig.

In reply to Stampie :

Emailed you.

*Thunderbird enthusiasts* :

There is also most of a 6th gen Thunderbird interior out there, plus a full tail light assembly:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j3L3A8ouhZl5oyRS1i8uEEZxw9WwsScvPdIMQ2RlwUCcKi2OTUC23Uc3jHmKt6yf