stroker
stroker UltraDork
12/30/17 10:04 p.m.
glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/4/18 11:46 a.m.

That's a neat find.  Complete with original Nardi wood items.

RedBarchetta
RedBarchetta
1/4/18 12:47 p.m.

This is what "a little bit of rust" looks like on Craigslist.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/4/18 4:27 p.m.
RedBarchetta said:

This is what "a little bit of rust" looks like on Craigslist.

This is what "rust-free" looks like in Michigan!

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/4/18 4:33 p.m.

That looks like it will "buff out" of the front fender, I am sure the rockers are just fine smiley

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
1/6/18 2:11 a.m.

Does the BRG make it worth much more? I paid 1k more for truly rust free 93 with 70k.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/6/18 5:50 a.m.

At this time and in that condition, no. From a future collector perspective it would be more interesting as the very first of a bazillion special editions than restoring a red,white or (maybe) blue one. As you get further away from 1991, the special bits, like the wood items, non-headrest pocket tonneau, and tan dash will become more needles in a haystack to do a proper full restoration. 

Somewhere, some time in the future someone is actually going to have to search for a set of original daisies and we’ll all be the old crusty guys saying “I should have held onto all those that I tossed out.”

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/6/18 7:14 a.m.

That pass fender is roached. 

te72
te72 New Reader
1/6/18 11:15 p.m.

Fun story, a BRG NA Miata was the first car I saw at around 13 years old (I believe the car was a new 1997) that upon seeing the price tag, thought to myself, "hey, I could probably rationalize owning one of these" and knowing that it was a "right size" car for my needs.

Fast forward 20 years, I'm on my third Miata, and bought the fiance one as well. :)

This would probably make a decent donor for an Exocet or similar build...

white_fly
white_fly Reader
1/7/18 12:47 a.m.

I love BRG, but that fender is full of nope for $1500.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
1/7/18 10:44 a.m.

So how much would a replacement fender cost?

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/7/18 4:14 p.m.

its not the fenders, if the fender is that bad, it likely has terminal tin worm. its a drivetrain donor at best.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1VG9HfKH4qMAM0hVchFsIq2Z8m5tfIj8qr8CFBJQfsBf9VoQx4lRyNneDtwPmTkr