minimac
minimac SuperDork
8/25/18 9:31 a.m.

First, I can't post pictures-my computer won't recognize my phone. I have two 2007 Yamaha 400cc scooters. These are liquid cooled, single cylinder, d.o.h.c. engined, aluminum chassis, making approx 34 hp. #1 is complete with a bad engine. I bought it from the original owner. The timing chain broke. He told me it has around 6K miles-I have maintenance receipts that seem to back that up-and all the plastics are very good. The engine was tore down to the jug and I have all of the parts. Included is a second Majesty that I purchased, complete minus all of the plastics, that I was going to use the engine for a different project. The whole back half of the frames on these, along with the complete running gear, unbolt with less than 10 bolts, and are easily swapped.  Both have good, clear titles. Do the swap, part out the remainder to recoup a lot of the costs and have a great scooter for very little money. The roller has everything, brakes,ECU, great tires,etc. but has no body plastics or lights.   I haven't room or the time and these have to go. I can text the photos if you PM your number. $1000 located in Oswego,NY about 30 miles from Syracuse.

minimac
minimac SuperDork
9/19/18 9:35 a.m.

I've got the motors swapped now, but seems to have an electrical issue. Could be as simple as two plugs switched, but IDK, and I don't have the time to hunt it down. It should be something very simple. The bike has 5500 miles on it and I found the timing tensioner broke-not the chain.  The swapped motor has under 14K miles according to the previous owner.

tdrrally
tdrrally Reader
9/19/18 11:55 a.m.

sweet deal

i do like a scooter

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/20/18 6:23 a.m.

One of these?

minimac
minimac UltraDork
9/21/18 11:46 p.m.

Just like that but Silver.  The other is a rolling chassis with ECU, forks , brakes wheels ,tires, handlebars, throttle, etc. Someone with more time than me, could part it and recoup most of their money. I'll let both go for $900. October 1 they go into storage. KBB list trade in value @$1580 and retail a bit over $2300.

minimac
minimac UltraDork
10/1/18 7:12 p.m.

In reply to minimac :

Last bump before going into storage next week.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AsM2zPPmL9nLKIYxgSpdxj5V3ir6SL5mq4OupLi42NkbVCAPK6atnEeze9mITfiz