warzaz
warzaz
3/22/17 2:44 p.m.

Selling my 1986 Nissan Maxima turbo with a low mileage VG30ET engine (30,000 miles). The car is equipped with a 3.0 L V6 TURBO engine from a 1986 300zx.

This swap basically increases horsepower from 160 to about 225 hp. This estimate is based on the figure output of a 300zx turbo of the same year.

Car was just tuned after swapping in the 300zx turbo engine (direct from Japan, sold by Motorsport, 28 kmiles when put in, and car has done less than 2000 miles since). Engine is super healthy, car is fun to drive. This would be a perfect candidate for the $2017 challenge.

All the hard work was done, you now just have to improve it by adding a bigger turbo, gauges, aftermarket rims, convert to manual transmission (provided), put purple carpet, etc.

Let your creativity run free and you're guaranteed to stand out from the crowd! This old school car body is becoming pretty rare and looks real sharp IMO... Also comes with the 'back to the future' digital dash cluster.

Good manual transmission that's intended for this project comes with. A set of side skirts goes with the car (not installed). I can give you a Nissan factory manual for that car.

I also have 300zx 2nd gen newly reupholstered seats (black leather) that I'll let go if you pay full price.

A bunch of brand new parts were put during the swap, including new batteries, Nissan spark plug cables, cap and rotor, vacuum and fuel hoses, O2 sensor, etc. My loss is your gain. I'm probably forgetting things, but do ask any question and I'll try my best to answer.

RabidBullFrog
RabidBullFrog New Reader
3/22/17 3:39 p.m.

In reply to warzaz:

Where are you located? Any pictures? Interior still all intact?

warzaz
warzaz New Reader
8/21/17 11:58 a.m.

In reply to RabidBullFrog: Sorry for the delay. I am located in San Diego CA 92117. Interior is quite decent, but driver seat will need reupholstered. Link to pix is https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/nissan-maxima-vg30et-300zx/6273670444.html Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks, Michael

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/21/17 1:37 p.m.
conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
8/21/17 5:40 p.m.

Wow. Clean car. The throwback digital dash is a bonus. GLWS.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Bq2bK6WMmury7tQ3NspFx5uQZBOhmReJ29p95RytQXq02tyjvKyzLFuXDYwbj1Hb