NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
11/19/18 10:02 a.m.

Despite my best efforts to only buy tools that come with some kind of storage/organization solution, I have many tools that don't have cases.  These tools are often difficult to store. A couple of examples that come to mind are wheel pullers that come with various nuts and bolts and Fender rollers that have several small parts.  

What do our garage gurus do? 

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
11/19/18 10:17 a.m.

Cheap portable tool boxes work pretty well. Just throw out the internal organizer. The best ones don't have the lid organizer either but are still flat because it gives you another inch of room up top. It's hard to find them like that anymore.

We used to do this with GSE then store them in palcons and it worked pretty well and I do it now at home.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/19/18 3:54 p.m.

Yard sale, flea markets.  Buy empty plastic boxes and cut out the part you don't need.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/19/18 3:56 p.m.

Scattered around the garage until I can't find them.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/19/18 4:04 p.m.

Plastic ammo boxes from harbor freight or scrounge at the flea market for tool boxes the right size.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
11/19/18 4:19 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Plastic ammo boxes 

came here to post that

cheap plastic toolboxes for larger stuff

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/23/18 1:12 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Plastic ammo boxes from harbor freight or scrounge at the flea market for tool boxes the right size.

Good idea!

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
11/23/18 6:37 p.m.

I love ammo boxes. 

They all look the same, they all stack nicely, way less visual clutter.

50cal is probably the most common size I have, but I have a couple Fat50 for larger items. Haven't bought smaller ones though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sHufz9rEcI6kNtOqSFldq1FvN0el5RdAK1F5XQ0p4BiyX3r6qO27pQ95pFCPT9yU