Presented by Nine Lives Racing
junkc4
junkc4 New Reader
1/25/22 3:03 p.m.

I have a GSR swapped Ef Hatch and I'm looking to add some aero for a upcoming Time trial event. Aftermarket support for these cars is lack luster  so I'll be taking the DIY approach since I'm not made of money lol

Car weighs about 2000lbs class requires that i keep it at least 1900lbs with me in it so i plan to lose some weight from the chassis if possible but the car can be a over steering monster at the limit and I'd like to make the car a little more neutral. My plans are a splitter with side skirts and maybe some canards because they look cool. For the rear i was thinking a diffuser of some sort as well. I attached the rules below with my classing info so you guys know where I'm coming from. SCCA techs said if it's anything "On the brink of cheaty" They'll bump me into a higher class which i'll be wildly outclassed 

Thanks! 

https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/class4fullrules 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/22 9:43 a.m.

I didn't read the rules, but since a splitter usually "adds" a bit of front downforce, I'd be cautious that it might make the oversteer worse.

Also, the splitter will reduce airflow under the car, which is what the diffuser needs in order to work. So the splitter may also take a bit of effectiveness away from the diffuser.

I'd do the diffuser first, and see if you can make smooth panels under the engine bay to encourage fast air under the car. That should add downforce and hopefully push the balance to the rear a bit.

Cedricn
Cedricn New Reader
1/27/22 10:52 a.m.

Just for inspiration, swedens fastest honda, a brutally fast civic!

junkc4
junkc4 New Reader
1/27/22 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Cedricn :

oooooooo now thats a good canvas to model

Cedricn
Cedricn New Reader
1/28/22 4:09 a.m.
junkc4 said:

In reply to Cedricn :

Its not only a fast car but the driver is seriously good. As fast as the 991 GT3s, GTRs in the time attack series he runs in. 

Southerncross
Southerncross New Reader
2/21/22 8:42 p.m.
Cedricn said:
junkc4 said:

In reply to Cedricn :

Its not only a fast car but the driver is seriously good. As fast as the 991 GT3s, GTRs in the time attack series he runs in. 

That is incredibly cool. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xJjG843KMfgDemTxuuSXva2g3IGFuW6D39JGwKt4M545IrTZcAyEFmal0aKCNdgK