Presented by Nine Lives Racing
hmrknocker
hmrknocker New Reader
6/1/21 3:19 p.m.

What is the going rate for a COT rear wing, or the last going rate when they all were bought up? Asking about the real-deal wings and not the flimsy 'show wings.' Any help is greatly appreciated.

dr_strangeland
dr_strangeland GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/16/21 4:12 p.m.

I looked into this, and it was a good deal while it lasted. Like, the wings were cheap because of the rules. They gave up on the wing after like five minutes, you're better off with an off the shelf airfoil, now.

Sorry. I wanted one too. Nine Lives offers similar lift to drag ratios, also similar downforce to dollars ratio.

Johnny_at_NineLives
Johnny_at_NineLives GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/18/21 8:51 a.m.

In reply to dr_strangeland :

Thank you for the referral. :) 

The COT wing or I call it the Crawford because that's who makes it.  is a really great 200mph wing. they were built around going really really fast. means they were built to be really really low drag. the bad part is they don't make much down force, and they are quite narrow.   

dr_strangeland
dr_strangeland GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/19/21 1:45 p.m.

Interesting information, I didn't know that but it makes sense given the application.

I haven't found a thread on here talking about sourcing airfoils, but it would be great to have one. I've found a few places selling extruded aluminum airfoils, and of course there are the sprint car shops, but I feel like there's more I don't know about.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RunfqwyFtK61VUCgXnePxeysPHuaw0OF8fPNpxCyNpHBL1Oyqess9dor8MVKGmRl