Presented by Nine Lives Racing
measure twice
measure twice New Reader
12/12/08 2:32 p.m.

Found an Alfa in a Home Depot parking lot with a wooden wing to match the splitter on Per's LeGrand

EricM
EricM Reader
12/12/08 3:12 p.m.

I found a really cool red X

measure twice
measure twice New Reader
12/12/08 3:17 p.m.

In reply to EricM:

I did too, then re-posted, etc. Don't understand - probably the google image hosting. I can see it now.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_QQ0HHkqj_to/SULKHqaXLiI/AAAAAAAAByM/EuPQuLmCrNc/Photo0018.jpg

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
12/12/08 3:21 p.m.

That doesn't work for me either.

Either way...there's quite a few sports racers, production cars, etc that use plywood for splitters...cheap, effective, strong. I can also use the money save to get a real wing for the rear.

measure twice
measure twice New Reader
12/12/08 3:29 p.m.

Didn't mean to knock your splitter - very good idea.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
12/12/08 4:01 p.m.

I've been a fan of the magazine for a while, and I do enjoy it usually, although lately I must admit I've been finding some issues hit or miss.

My chief complaint about the magazine would have to be Per Schroeder's's recent articles where he brags about his brand new Wooden Spoiler.

I mean spoilers in Grassroots Motorsports magazine can be viewed as being iffy, but acceptable considering you know, carbon fiber, aluminum, latex, and the like.

But a guy who gets rich off of our subscription money, and then rubs our faces in his brand new wooden spoiler is just not cool. His rather boring Starting Line columns where he praises his own spoiler-mking skills are nauseating, and it just seems like he's trying to make us feel that he earned this spoiler of his that he praises just as much as he praises himself.

I mean fine work for the magazine, earn some money, buy a cool spoiler! Maybe he does deserve it, it is a good magazine. But making a spoiler that clearly does not fit into the scope of the magazine a Project Car Part?? WTF is up with that??, other than an obvious tax write-off. And then go on about how a 42 cent wooden spoiler is just as good as a 570 dollar carbon fiber unit with some tweaks, is that REALLY making you square with your Grassroots readers Tim? Oh and bragging about how his the trackdays he goes to "attract some more upscale spoilers"

Sounds more than a little douchey to me.

curtis
curtis New Reader
12/12/08 4:05 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: I've been a fan of the magazine for a while, and I do enjoy it usually, although lately I must admit I've been finding some issues hit or miss. My chief complaint about the magazine would have to be Per Schroeder's's recent articles where he brags about his brand new Wooden Spoiler. I mean spoilers in Grassroots Motorsports magazine can be viewed as being iffy, but acceptable considering you know, carbon fiber, aluminum, latex, and the like. But a guy who gets rich off of our subscription money, and then rubs our faces in his brand new wooden spoiler is just not cool. His rather boring Starting Line columns where he praises his own spoiler-mking skills are nauseating, and it just seems like he's trying to make us feel that he earned this spoiler of his that he praises just as much as he praises himself. I mean fine work for the magazine, earn some money, buy a cool spoiler! Maybe he does deserve it, it is a good magazine. But making a spoiler that clearly does not fit into the scope of the magazine a Project Car Part?? WTF is up with that??, other than an obvious tax write-off. And then go on about how a 42 cent wooden spoiler is just as good as a 570 dollar carbon fiber unit with some tweaks, is that REALLY making you square with your Grassroots readers Tim? Oh and bragging about how his the trackdays he goes to "attract some more upscale spoilers" Sounds more than a little douchey to me.

hahahahahahahahahahaha awesome i hope everyone gets that one.

measure twice
measure twice New Reader
12/12/08 4:13 p.m.

confuZion3 - you've turned around a lame thread

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/12/08 4:13 p.m.

We need to get Mr Winslow back here more often, he brings so much joy whenever he stops.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/12/08 4:16 p.m.

I, for one, welcome our new plywood masters.

TJ
TJ Reader
12/12/08 4:52 p.m.

So is plywood the new miata?

curtis
curtis New Reader
12/12/08 5:11 p.m.

no. miata is the new miata.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/12/08 5:47 p.m.

The 8-10 splitter is the hardest shot in bowling...

...but it's not made of plywood.

glen914
glen914 None
12/12/08 5:56 p.m.

With my cheapass no budget car, I just say no to plywood. How about cardboard? Its even cheaper.

glen914
glen914 New Reader
12/12/08 6:07 p.m.

In reply to measure twice: Your tea is served , sir.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
12/12/08 6:07 p.m.

Five and a half hours and so far, no one has made a wood joke.

Just saying.....

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/12/08 6:08 p.m.
aeronca65t wrote: Five and a half hours and so far, no one has made a wood joke. Just saying.....

I think you just did...

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
12/12/08 10:16 p.m.

i am one of those 10 people mentioned in aircooled's sig. that understands binary.

Additionally, I have wood. Its stuffed in lacy's trunk. She's always got junk in her trunk. That old goofy Miata!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i67ZluDI4cElt0tyFNehAyhwTOIFhQPTxWt37RchyF14T6YIhQ0Je3RG20fhh1iX