1 2 3
GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
6/28/15 7:45 p.m.

This occurred during our towns 4th of July celebration.

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
6/28/15 7:57 p.m.

A bit Hard to see the Set Back but... . Brent At American Corvette was happy to Donate the Dash, As it was damaged and He wasn't sure what to do with it... Except To hold on to It for a Crazy Like Me. Started trimming the Bottom to fit the Up And Down(Height) but I'm Not Happy with it so no pics yet.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/3/17 9:32 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette:

What's the current status on this beast?

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
3/4/17 7:53 a.m.

A Work In Progress....... The engine is all but done,Still LOTS of Body work, I want Coil overs, Need to swap rear end to a late C4 to fit the wheels, was trying to get a Kinsler F I but it was sold(traded) away and I missed it,so i will use the Dominator I got from Bud Moore, It was from an old Busch Car and had been Necked Down to fit CFM rule (I fixed that) I am going to Make a wind screen that looks sorta like a Batmobile (60's)version to follow the c2 dash, Was Given a Gallon of Chrome Orange so thats the color, a couple of wings...... you Know the Basics ! Do you like it or is it Too much.. I guess another year out, My SSI is about what Kids today make in a week. You Know MILES TO GO BEFORE WE SLEEP. When I got so Upset with the Shoe thing someone called me a Clown so i'm thinking some Polka Dot's may be nessesary,or Tiger Stripe's.

petegossett
3/4/17 8:58 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette:

I think it has the potential to be awesome! It's an '84? Do you know if it has the Z51 package? I'm thinking I may want the stiffer springs from an '84 Z51 eventually.

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
3/4/17 12:23 p.m.

really never looked at the VIN to see,do you know the letters or numbers,It had the Yellow shocks if the others are Different.

petegossett
3/4/17 10:22 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette:

It's not in the VIN, it would have been in the RPO codes on the bottom of the driver's side rear storage compartment. The yellow shocks should be Bilstien, which would be correct for a Z51, but also could have been changed later.

A Z51 should have had the quicker ratio steering(around 2.25-turns lock-to-lock), oil cooler, trans cooler, and the front lower control arms would have "Z51" stamped into them.

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
3/5/17 5:53 a.m.

I'll see if that tag is there, I did not see the Z51 Nonclementure on the arm when I polished them , but will look again. any thing on the springy thingy? (Buggy spring)

petegossett
3/5/17 6:32 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette:

Nothing on the springs that I've seen documented anywhere. I believe the "Z51" is stamped on the underneath of the control arms - I'll have to check mine, but I remember reading that somewhere.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
38G6LoehmdSvr1FyQDG0ayvW3C7b2sO59p94ghxy12rBT0952vCMcjnAmsUPBZaO