914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/20/13 2:49 p.m.

A good friend of mine has a Volvo Duett that he bought in California >20 years ago for $3,000. He is now thinking about a yard sale.....

At first he wouldn't sell it to me because he's seen what I've done to poor innocent vehicles that never did anything to anyone, but now he's reconsidering. If he paid $3k some time ago, it's probably out of my budget.

His is green and cream, ash roof rack, still got the wood in the rear and on the back of the rear seat for sliding stuff. Dead stock engine.

Desirable?

Worth the effort?

Dan

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
9/20/13 2:51 p.m.

Yes!

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
9/20/13 2:53 p.m.

BUY IT!

Please don't cut it up.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
9/20/13 2:54 p.m.

Not for $3k. Anything at all done to it since purchase?

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
9/20/13 2:56 p.m.

What's it's current condition?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/20/13 3:27 p.m.

hide your Lakewoods, everyone!

i keed, i keed!

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
9/20/13 6:17 p.m.

Not that it's saying much, but restored Duetts probably bring the most of any Volvo model at auction. They are really cool cars.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/20/13 8:18 p.m.

Desirable? Yes!

Worth the effort? To restore, probably. As some sort of hot-rod? Berk no. These cars suffer the same problem as other Volvos of the era: tiny little engine bays that fits little other than the engine (B16-B20) that was designed to go into them without major cutting. Duett's make 1800's look freakin common. Please don't cut one up.

I'd argue a clean, original 1800 will be worth more, but we aren't talking big money here, so that doesn't matter. Semantics...

Find out more. If he's serious about selling and it's in decent condition, but no running, I may be interested... or I'm sure I can find a buyer for it who will restore it.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/21/13 7:19 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: What's it's current condition?

Put away wet. All there, no rust, dead stock, smells like mouse piss.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
9/21/13 8:31 a.m.

Go ahead you can duett!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oCl6QqY6turL9lYm6oPvOIgTNt51VgIocRAnSZpQdUPKZn2ZL0RfEtGYXQZNAKBw