1 2 3
TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/10/18 7:20 p.m.

So, I bought a 1962 Ford F100 Unibody truck.

I thought I'd share it with you guys. 

It is a little rusty, but it was cheap for what it is. 

The first task was to remove this fine piece of engineering, as it is not mine. 

Look at all this room for activities! I'm not going to reveal the planned engine combo quite yet, but it is going to be pretty cool if you ask me.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/10/18 7:25 p.m.

Judging by the lightning bolt on the hood, it was originally a six cylinder truck.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
5/10/18 7:57 p.m.

I'm not a truck guy, but that's pretty cool.  What are your plans for it?

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/10/18 8:02 p.m.

TURBOS!!!!

eastpark
eastpark Reader
5/10/18 8:37 p.m.

P-71 frame swap with LS power!

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
5/10/18 8:38 p.m.

Bridge port four rotor Wankel? 

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/10/18 8:42 p.m.
jstein77 said:

I'm not a truck guy, but that's pretty cool.  What are your plans for it?

Thanks. I thought it was pretty cool too, so I bought it! I'd like to lower the back a bit, fix the rust, do a powertrain swap, and eventually make it nice.

I'd love to take it on dragweek, bracket race it, and I bought cheap enough that I could probably get it to the challenge.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/10/18 8:43 p.m.
Run_Away said:

TURBOS!!!!

You've guessed part of the combination!

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/10/18 8:44 p.m.
eastpark said:

P-71 frame swap with LS power!

I actually want to keep the original straight axle. Nope. Won't be LS powered.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/10/18 8:46 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

Judging by the lightning bolt on the hood, it was originally a six cylinder truck.

I did not know that. Hm. Learn something new everyday.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/10/18 8:47 p.m.
pres589 said:

Bridge port four rotor Wankel? 

Sorry. Not going to happen with my wallet. It would be cool!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/18 9:07 p.m.

Nice!

Straight six turbo maybe?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/10/18 9:09 p.m.

In reply to TheV8Kid :

Yup, six cylinder trucks got the lightning bolt logo, eight cylinder trucks got a V8 logo.  Assuming the ID tag is still on the glove box door you can decode the truck's original configuration.  http://www.fordification.info/tech/vin61-62.htm

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/10/18 9:12 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

In reply to TheV8Kid :

Yup, six cylinder trucks got the lightning bolt logo, eight cylinder trucks got a V8 logo.  Assuming the ID tag is still on the glove box door you can decode the truck's original configuration.  http://www.fordification.info/tech/vin61-62.htm

Very cool. I will do that.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/10/18 11:22 p.m.

This needs a 460 turbo. 

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/11/18 5:15 a.m.

I think I've given enough hints. It won't be an LS, won't be a rotary, and will be turbocharged. You guys will have to wait and see.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
5/11/18 5:37 a.m.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. 

I will admit however that the ‘69 fastback next to it is a little distracting. What is the story on that car?

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/11/18 5:46 a.m.
Cooper_Tired said:

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. 

I will admit however that the ‘69 fastback next to it is a little distracting. What is the story on that car?

My dad bought it from a long time friend and board member on here. It has a lot of rust, but is totally fixable. We were planning to mini tub it, and (Ford guys, don't read this) put a big block Chevy in it, and make it into a really fast race car.

collinskl1
collinskl1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/11/18 6:05 a.m.

I love these trucks so much - looking forward to watching along. I hope the plans include some ecobooooooost.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/18 6:52 a.m.

I couldn’t help but notice it’s occupying the space where Cameron’s project was.  Has that gone away?

cool truck.  

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/11/18 7:27 a.m.
Patrick said:

I couldn’t help but notice it’s occupying the space where Cameron’s project was.  Has that gone away?

cool truck.  

It has. My brother bought a house and has moved onto bigger and better things. He gave the van to me. I don't need a van, so I robbed all the stuff that I could use out of it, and it went to the crusher. 

It was a nice van that was no longer worth anything, and needed a lot of work to be worth something again, but I would rather spend my time on something else.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/18 7:38 a.m.
TheV8Kid said:

I think I've given enough hints. It won't be an LS, won't be a rotary, and will be turbocharged. You guys will have to wait and see.

2JZ? No E36 M3.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/11/18 7:52 a.m.

Argh...I read it! (my eyes!!)

Cool truck. I started really liking these about two years ago and I'm not sure why. Drives my car buddies nuts wondering what I drank or inhaled.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/11/18 8:39 a.m.
EvanB said:
TheV8Kid said:

2JZ? No E36 M3.

How incredibly unoriginal. I'm tired of seeing all these 2jz swaps. It's just so dang boring.

Just kidding! Poking fun at all the LS haters. 

I would love to do a 2jz someday, but they are still a little too expensive. My dad and I almost bought one about a month ago. So there you guys go, another hint. It won't be a 2jz.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
5/11/18 8:40 a.m.
stan said:

Argh...I read it! (my eyes!!)

Cool truck. I started really liking these about two years ago and I'm not sure why. Drives my car buddies nuts wondering what I drank or inhaled.

Sorry. I told you not to read it.

They're cool trucks. The price is on the rise. If you want one, now is the time.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tRVLNrBMxiuHhwTOeJMN2JDXL3IUQS9FWJPK9YfUSo2oEb8JSj4rKZe3WfRDSTYZ