1 2 3 ... 20
TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid New Reader
10/7/12 6:53 p.m.

It's been a while since I've posted about this car, but we've been working on it lately.

The Picture pretty much says it all.

The build site for it is laurence777.yolasite.com. It's not completely up to date, but it gives a good idea.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
10/7/12 7:36 p.m.

Nice. I like Stude's....my grandpa was a mechanic for s Studebaker dealer.

I'll move this to the build threads.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
10/7/12 11:35 p.m.

That is such a cool car. Good luck.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
10/8/12 12:08 a.m.

I like what you're doing. Very nice balance. Subscribed.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/8/12 12:58 p.m.

Thanks for the post. I have a '63 Lark 2 door hardtop sitting in my back yard. Hmmm. I got it for $500 so I keep thinking, "Challenge Car"? Then I sober up. Then it all starts over again the next time I see it.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
10/8/12 2:42 p.m.

Keep up the good work. I love the Ansen slotted mags too.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid New Reader
10/8/12 7:24 p.m.
spin_out wrote: Thanks for the post. I have a '63 Lark 2 door hardtop sitting in my back yard. Hmmm. I got it for $500 so I keep thinking, "Challenge Car"? Then I sober up. Then it all starts over again the next time I see it.

That's the current plan for this one. It would be great to see another!

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
10/11/12 11:33 a.m.

One year newer but still cool. I can't seem to find the Chevy V8 option in the ad, though.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
10/11/12 1:45 p.m.

In reply to hrdlydangerous:

A family friend just recently restored one of the cool Wagonaires like the one in the ad. His came from the factory with a 4-speed and the R2 or R3 package that had the Paxton Supercharger. He sold it last year.

Coolest. Wagon. EVAR.

EDIT: His was this exact one, a 1963. So awesome.

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/11/07/paxton-power-1963-studebaker-wagonaire-daytona-r2/

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
11/13/12 7:43 p.m.

Dad and I successfully completed the exhaust up to the rear end this weekend and last weekend.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
11/13/12 7:55 p.m.

In reply to TheV8Kid:

thassum nice work there

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
11/13/12 8:04 p.m.

Very Nice Work Kiddo!!!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
11/13/12 9:18 p.m.

Beautiful work!

jmc14
jmc14 New Reader
11/13/12 9:26 p.m.

Cool project. Good job.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
11/14/12 10:42 p.m.

SWMBO's landylady Lillian in the 80's was a big deal, enough so that we named our daughter after her. She drove the '63(I think, will need to review the pics again) Lark four door(named Hephzibar) her husband bought new until her death in the 90s.

SWMBO insists our first old car will be a Lark... I'm just happy SBCs are cheap, and that the lovely old woman didn't have a thing for something more spendy.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
6/5/13 8:03 a.m.

It is just about done.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/5/13 8:19 a.m.

now, if we could just find a way to get the front end lower...

nice work, kid. i love the old-school feel!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/5/13 8:22 a.m.

Love the stance!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
6/5/13 8:32 a.m.

Man this thing is awesome!!!

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
6/5/13 9:34 a.m.

In reply to TheV8Kid:

Wow--you've got that thing dumped now! Looks great. The slot mags give it a cool 70's street machine vibe.

Neat car.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
6/5/13 9:50 a.m.

Nice work guys. it looks better in person

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
6/6/13 11:22 a.m.

That is awesome! You guys have done such great work on that car!! Nice to see it out and about! You must be so proud!

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
1/2/16 7:21 p.m.

Boy it has been a long time since I updated this post. I guess I'll pick up where I left off. The car ran great, and was a fun cruiser, and went to a couple of events. We took it to the Jalopy drags, and it ran a 13.95 at just under 100mph. Shortly after this it was rearended. We fixed it, and it was rearended again. I kind of lost interest for a while (frame was bent, body was a little messed up), and it sat for about a year and a half.

We decided recently that we are going to drag week. We began discussing the car(s) we wanted to take, and we decided on this stude, and the 1959 on the other build post. The 1959 is getting close to being road worthy, so we have started work on this one again. Pictures coming soon.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
1/2/16 7:36 p.m.

Loading the car to be hauled to friend with frame straightener.

Kapow!

I didn't get any pictures of the frame being straightened, these are just pictures of the trunk being fixed.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/16 7:46 p.m.
TheV8Kid wrote:

I was looking at an autobody supply catalog a few weeks ago, and even those little pulling clamps are expensive. I can't imagine what it costs for the rest of the equipment it takes to use them.

I'm glad that this car is coming back. Keep up the good work!

1 2 3 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oinZqls6ftShpgizvaCAQYpdhStXsKOaXzXfcaCjPc7YQxQpceXzilvXrJIEubIy