1 ... 5 6 7
buzzboy
buzzboy HalfDork
3/5/19 9:52 a.m.

The ACS Type 1s look killer on a 240. I can't wait to see more about that project too!

Duder
Duder Reader
3/5/19 11:43 a.m.

I'll start a thread!

The wheels are Type 2 actually, which I wouldn't have known without some research. The barrel lips are mounted behind the bolt flange on the centers on Type 2. Apparently Type 1 has the outer barrel in front of the center. Either way, I agree - they should look extra rad on this car. It's a staggered setup from my old E34 M5. Rears are 17x9.5 and have 255s mounted. It will be a fun challenge to get that to fit in the rear wheel arch of a 245.

John87
John87 New Reader
3/5/19 12:42 p.m.

This is absolutely brilliant! Could a 32V Mach 1 or perhaps a S/C Termi swap be on the horizon? Coyote even! They are damn near bolt-on for the panthers! laugh  

PS: several pictures over the past couple pages are DOA and I am trying not to cry at work over it crying

Duder
Duder Reader
3/6/19 12:25 p.m.

Strange, all the photos seem to show up fine regardless of which computer or device I'm using. Have you tried loading the thread at home?

We don't have any plans for an engine swap, but I would never rule out a Coyote or something similar in the future.

I can tell you that we DO have plans for boost, of the exhaust driven variety, and some other fun shenanigans under the hood.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
3/6/19 6:17 p.m.

I can confirm a number of missing images in recent posts. True from iPhone and from Firefox on a PC.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy SuperDork
3/6/19 7:11 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to Duder :

Volvo threads are always good.

+1 , especially Turbo V8 wagon threads. 

Duder
Duder Reader
4/6/19 11:43 a.m.

Quick update on ye olde Viccup. Have been trading it off between 4 of us so far.

I parked next to this BMW to gently demonstrate to the owner that he is a douche.

Karl, Alex, and I took it to a local cruise night at In-N-Out here in Torrance. My daughter rode in her booster on the bench seat. Lucky Costa was there (Hot Rod Garage co-host) and checked out the truck for a while. Good feedback from him; he seemed impressed!

A few days later we took it to the Pelican Parts cars & coffee in Palos Verdes. Talked with a friend of a friend who works at ICON, who brought one of their monster 4x4 '70s Ford crew cab projects. Super nice interior, of course. Here's the Viccup next to our "Opile" Lemons car, a 1967 Opel Kadett Kiemencoupe. IOE winner!

Lastly, I got the speedometer working. Turns out the cable from Speedhut GPS box simply wasn't plugged into the speedo correctly. Now we have vehicle speed and a working odometer. The fuel and temp gauges need more work to be useful, but they are working, just very difficult to calibrate.

1 ... 5 6 7
Our Preferred Partners
WcXc534vJzKW4OmD245m5fpnQloU5P97oGKk5hzkIuOuJP0HjforWXd0hJXZzeyS