1 2 3 4 5
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/18 8:07 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

seeing it again, now i really like them.   needs moar lowering though.  :-)

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/13/18 7:51 a.m.

My buddy found this picture on Facebook from when I went to the cars and coffee event last weekend.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
9/13/18 8:42 a.m.

They should send that picture to GM,    Awesome

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
9/13/18 8:43 a.m.

beautiful

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
9/18/18 5:47 p.m.

Doing old car stuff flawlessly!

Date night...

Car show...

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
10/15/18 8:17 p.m.

I drove the Corvair to the challenge. 

Everything went well and it handled the 300 miles I put on it without complaint.

I had it filled with tools, luggage and a cooler.

Driving an older car is an event and I am glad I decided to take it this weekend.

I got a chance to throw it on the scales after the concourse, it was actually pretty light but the weight distribution was not the best.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/18 8:36 p.m.

yeah, pretty funny that a car with a 108" wheelbase and 180" overall length comes in at 2635 lbs.   stock battery location makes LR suffer.   I'm now 100% on board with the DS2's on there, I think they look great.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/15/18 9:14 p.m.

Beautiful ride. I was admiring it at the Challenge!

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/15/18 10:24 p.m.

Super glad you left those wheels on.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
10/16/18 8:17 a.m.

I didn't like them at first but they did grow on me also.

Jeremy saw it right away, good call

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
10/18/18 6:26 a.m.
livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/9/18 5:53 p.m.

I had a 68 corvair with the 110 hp engine. Did some mild hop ups to it and had a lot of fun with it. There was a conversion kit that converted the two one barrel carb set up to a single two barrel and added a bit of power I think the company name was ieco or something like that...of course headers and dual exhaust helped too...with those two mods it made for a fairly peppy  car for its time for a married guy on a limited budget. When the time came, I should have traded the wife and kept the car. :) It would have been less trouble. 

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/9/18 5:53 p.m.

I had a 68 corvair with the 110 hp engine. Did some mild hop ups to it and had a lot of fun with it. There was a conversion kit that converted the two one barrel carb set up to a single two barrel and added a bit of power I think the company name was ieco or something like that...of course headers and dual exhaust helped too...with those two mods it made for a fairly peppy  car for its time for a married guy on a limited budget. When the time came, I should have traded the wife and kept the car. :) It would have been less trouble. 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy New Reader
11/9/18 7:42 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Very,very nice car

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
11/11/18 8:23 a.m.

Thanks I am really happy with it!

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
11/14/18 9:27 p.m.

Picture from the challenge...

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
5/4/19 9:21 a.m.

Went to the junkyard today to pick up a part for the challenge car.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Reader
5/5/19 12:01 a.m.

I sure miss mine, had a lot of fun with it, some was even legal.

Ran an auto-x once, had never done one before. Made clean runs and had a decent time except that I was disqualified for loud exhaust.  (Headers & glass-packs!)

Engine was a LONG way from stock and had enough power to let me rear-steer any corner I wanted. When the flag guy came to let me know I was disqualified he asked "Did you used to drive British cars?" Yah, I had a dozen at home!

If I were not working so hard to actually finish one of my many current projects there is a local '66 Turbo minus engine for sale kind of cheap. I keep thinking of a Crown type conversion using a Buick/Rover aluminum engine instead of an overweight SBC.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
2/9/20 5:00 p.m.

So I did a thing this afternoon.  I cleaned up a set of BBS wheels and threw them on the car.

Before

After

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/9/20 5:27 p.m.

That is abso-berkeleying-lutely GORGEOUS

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
2/9/20 5:32 p.m.

So you like them better than the m3 wheels.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/9/20 5:35 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Yes. I would call it an achingly beautiful combination with the eheels and silver. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/9/20 5:50 p.m.

I need some privacy 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/9/20 5:56 p.m.

I like the clean look of the M3 wheels on that car, they're  a pretty unique design that just works surprisingly well with that car. Having said that the BBS look great too but I think would look even better with center caps, those should still be available new if you are missing them.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/9/20 5:57 p.m.

Dang. Those style 5s look sliiick!  Got room for a 10mm spacer?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tIQAjurlsfcchB7YpbKP03YwfZFIeruIl9Nk5RWalwnhRJiS46KFelIWKb6L1CW1