Recon1342 HalfDork
12/28/19 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Ransom :

I know exactly what you mean. 
normally goes like this- "Is that a truck?"

"Yep"

"But it's smelling a flower?"

"Yep"

And then I usually break down and explain it to them...

OldDave
OldDave New Reader
12/28/19 8:20 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Deja Vue?

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
12/28/19 8:29 p.m.

In reply to OldDave :

Sure, why not?

did not notice the double post...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
12/30/19 6:21 a.m.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/30/19 9:22 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

It's that season again. Starts Jan 5. Not that I'm eagerly waiting or anything. 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/2/20 8:24 a.m.

Popping in as another who's Ferdinand shirt get's more comment than any other item of clothing I wear other than my kilt.  People love the shirt, love the story of both Ferdinand and the coffee/wrenching on the back.

Now, every one else chime in and help get Seth fully motivated to start up again.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/2/20 8:57 a.m.

I think that a big issue is that the COe does not really have a final raison d'etre.

Maybe if it could be consolidated with the other abandoned project and made into the traveling cottage it would help focus the build.

Pete

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
1/2/20 10:50 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

It's that season again. Starts Jan 5. Not that I'm eagerly waiting or anything. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/20 12:51 p.m.
XLR99 said:

My Ferd shirt just went to Antarctica and back..  My GRM button-down shirt also made the trip, but so far can't find any pics of it.  Actually, so far this is the only Ferd shirt pic I've found- in Buenos Aires on the way south. 

It was a great conversation starter with some of the eccentric super-brain people on the trip. 

I must ask you questions since the wife and I decided our next life goal was all 7 continents. 

Lug_Nuts_23
Lug_Nuts_23 New Reader
1/6/20 8:18 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Cool. More motivation then. Glad to see you're alive ;)

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/11/08/9-best-trucks-and-suvs-from-sema-2019

mazdeuce - Seth
1/7/20 7:19 a.m.

In reply to Lug_Nuts_23 :

Still alive. Holidays are always slow. House needs some attention. Seems like every time I attempt to get momentum life slows me down. Some years are like this I suppose. 

java230
java230 UberDork
1/17/20 10:27 a.m.

Been following the Dakar all week. In case you need som inspiration, here is 14 minutes of Kamaz in the dunes friom stage 11

ca_sharp
ca_sharp New Reader
6/23/20 11:46 a.m.

Any big progress being done with the whole world being shut down for a bit?

mazdeuce - Seth
6/23/20 1:37 p.m.

In reply to ca_sharp :

It would be nice if I had been that kind of productive, but I haven't. sad

I've been riding motorcycles instead. It's been fun. Hanging out with my kids. I keep telling myself that I'll get the motivation to work on car projects again. Hopefully that's true. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
6/20/22 9:10 p.m.

Bump.  It's been almost 2 years since the last post.  Any motivation yet to get back to this again ?

Crackers (Forum Supporter)
Crackers (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/21/22 3:13 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

You tease. I've been busy, and see this on the first page when I check in to find out it's just a bump....

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/21/22 3:36 p.m.

I swear there was a puff of dust when I opened this thread. Alas, nothing to see. I would assume that Seth  et al are up in Michigan for the summer.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/22 4:35 p.m.
Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
6/22/22 2:34 p.m.

The truck was doing an excellent job on lawn ornament duty last I saw it. Of course that was also 2 and a bit years ago.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
6/23/22 9:18 a.m.

Still one of my favorite shirts ever.  We moved and I've been unable to find it.  Which drives me crazy. 

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
6/23/22 9:38 a.m.

With a COE, there's always the VW Bus option . . . 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/23/22 10:44 p.m.

I spent the past few days reading this in my off time.  Then while scrolling reddit I saw this and I had a mini panic attack till I saw the headers in the last pic.  Went back to the first pic and realized the oil filter location was different and calmed down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectcar/comments/vj04v0/dropped_my_newly_built_engine_last_night_on_the/

reiernumans
reiernumans New Reader
6/26/22 1:00 p.m.

The bumps that happened over the past few days got this thread onto the front page just when I was browsing around the builds and projects forums for a new thread to dig into. Just wanted to say I loved reading every post, even though no progress has happened over the last couple of years. It even managed to get me to comment in a thread on here for the second time since I've been reading stuff here (which apparantly is almost 10 years, looking at my account, damn that went by quick).

This has been a great read, inspirational as well. It's made me want to write about my car, drive my car, do stuff to my car and much more. Thanks for that! I hope I can keep that feeling going. I appreciated the philosophical parts a lot, it's comforting when reading through an older thread to see the author (who did/does some incredible stuff) has similar thoughts stalling progress as I have. I need to get out of my head more.

If you ever decide to do a run of shirts, or make more stickers, I'd love to spread the Ferdinand / TTWO spirit in Europe!

jay8s
jay8s New Reader
10/13/22 9:53 p.m.

Saw this today and was reminded of this project.   Watch JR Go picked up a cabover Ford. 

https://youtu.be/Y8PzamXL-VA

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/13/22 11:01 p.m.

Oh, my! Can't believe that I never saw a reference to this!!!

I towed a 66 Airstream with a 48 F6 COE up and down the south east for a few years. 

lookin' kinda forlorn these days, but it was never a cream puff. It was a truck!

1 ... 71 72 73 74

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
urqYIthKQ2i1NMZ0u8Df02dsVocn3kXOpwEptrBPk8wjMkaOwfL0sQShtY24Pkh0