1 2
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/25/18 6:37 p.m.

Woody- the interior is black vinyl with cloth inserts. 

I've got to do a three car shuffle and get it closer or clean my garage. I started cleaning my garage today and plan to whittle away at it in the evenings. It is probably going to take 40+ hours of work to be able to fit a car in there.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/18 8:23 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Wow, fancy! Mine was all black vinyl. I got some wicked burns from those seats over the course of 18 years!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/25/18 8:20 p.m.

What does a truck transmission have to do with the Belvedere? Nothing, other than that truck has been inoperable and taking up valuable working space for a while. The goal for today was to pull the transmission and then haul the truck out of the working area so that we can use the working area for the Challenge cars. The transmission came out well enough.

But, when we went to move the truck, the passenger side brake drum had stuck. I dragged it back a bit, to see if it would break free. It didn't. I dragged it anyhow, you can see the skid in the dirt. The axle wasn't bound up, since you could wiggle it by the studs, but that drum was as seized as it could be. 

Queue jacking it up (there is a support on the frame, not just the jack) and banging on it with a hammer a bit. We prised on it a bit with a prybar, whacked it a bit more and repeated until it broke free. Then I put the wheel on and cranked on that a bit until it was just dragging a little but essentially hand turnable.

SUCCESS! We now have free work space... and a 100% chance of rain going into the weekend. *sigh*

Cooter
Cooter Dork
1/18/19 10:48 a.m.

Not sure if you noticed, but I found a '66 Belvedere patrol car in my latest trip to the JY.   If there are some parts you need, let me know.

BrianC72gt
BrianC72gt GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/18/19 1:42 p.m.

Awesome project.  The first car I ever drove was a  dark forest green 1970 Plymouth Belvedere Station Wagon with a 318.  Maybe 8 years old, on Dad's lap steering for a half mile or so from the Bay to the house in Hampton Bays.  Frequently, we'd stuff a tiny Snark sailboat in the back and I'd sit on the tailgate holding onto it so it wouldn't slide out.  Its also the first car I ever fell out of, technically I jumped off the tail gate thinking I could run fast enough.  Couldn't, knee ate some gravel.

As a little kid I was amazed how the tail gate could swing open like a barn door or fold down like a pickup's tailgate.  Still am.

Hey, and you shouldn't call Mopar guys "weird Mopar guys".  It's redundant.

Good luck with the project,

Brian C.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/20 9:51 a.m.

This might be be relocated to Raleigh to get worked on, soon.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xslWgVT3lfMvIgCC3dnX1axmsoLXeCKHo7JLXrsF6nwYvVlRijY5FQFSwBCi6N74