1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/8/17 8:58 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: In reply to 759NRNG: ... Its about damned time.

I'll drink to that! this car gives me the serious blue pill effect.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/8/17 6:17 p.m.

MC alias Dbd13, I'm to here now and did not read 'forabodies' ....so I have a question or three.
Is this is a 340ci?
Was the GM ecm with Brian @TBIchips tune usable on a different platform?
What brakes do you ($$$$permitting) look to install in the future?
Oh and the next time your sweetie hears you muttering something about sheets of plywood, your bro and father need to be in your presence IMMEDIATELY.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/8/17 7:00 p.m.
759NRNG wrote: MC alias Dbd13, I'm to here now and did not read 'forabodies' ....so I have a question or three. Is this is a 340ci? Was the GM ecm with Brian @TBIchips tune usable on a different platform? What brakes do you ($$$$permitting) look to install in the future? Oh and the next time your sweetie hears you muttering something about sheets of plywood, your bro and father need to be in your presence IMMEDIATELY.

The gm setup would have worked if i had more manifold vacuum and less injectors. The 7727 ecm doent survive long over 30lb units, for whayever reason it burns the drivers out. The low manifold vacuum makes tuning the archaic and slow sample rate a real mother. With enough time and dedication its theoretically possible, but not be me or brian.

I have been banned from moving plywood by myself for life according to the family. That stunt cost me 4 months of my life (after surgery) and 5k.

Brakes: honestly, i have custom made adaptors for c5 vette calipers and 13 inch cobra rotors. Have everything but the rotors in storage. But still haven't found the limits of the 11x3 drums and 12 inch cop car brakes. So no real plans to fix what ain't broke.

Engine is an offset ground 360 with a comp solid roller, knife edged crank, h beam rods, indy t/a heads that have been ported and polished, heavily reworked victor 340 intake, tti step headers, and tti 3 inch x pipe exhaust. Tremec 3650 and 3.55 gears.

In carb, on pump gas, rolled 425 at the wheels.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/8/17 8:13 p.m.

"In carb, on pump gas, rolled 425 at the wheels." Stout brother!!! Looking at your stable this is my favorite....oh and was there ever a mopar bullet considered for GARY? My second car ever was a 1967 Coronet 500 with a 318ci, forest green with a black vinyl top, rode like a dream.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/8/17 8:25 p.m.

Yes. I was really hunting hard for a magnum 318 and 2wd trans for it. However, the Lincoln showed up first. Turned out to be better because we could stuff the motor lower and further back.

This car was a survivor when 15yo me got it. 318, 3 speed floor shift, 3.23 sure grip in rallye red with deluxe interior. Manual steering, manual drums, heat only, radio delete. Bought from a dealer in Stamford Connecticut. We bought it from an old drunk in a trailer park in south Carolina as my first car at 14.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/17 10:18 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: We bought it from an old drunk in a trailer park in south Carolina as my first car at 14.

And that is what greatness comes from.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/9/17 8:18 a.m.

"We bought it from an old drunk in a trailer park in south Carolina" this would work in either a bluegrass or country western ballad....oops gotta have a dawg in there somewheres

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/9/17 8:41 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG:

My life from that point until my late 20s WAS a country song. Complete with women, booze, jail, trailers, trains and a coal mine.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/9/17 8:50 a.m.

Are yu gonna star in the movie ?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/9/17 8:51 a.m.

I starred in one movie once. It was a short film done with a survalence camera....

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/9/17 8:56 a.m.

behind a piece of plywood....BwaHahahaaaaa!!!............sorry couldn't resist.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/17/18 3:48 p.m.

Im actually working on this one again. 

Fixed the dead ignition switch (lock cylender failed. No pictures)

Fixed another fuel leak

Have the fans halfway switched around to working properly.  The megasquirt defaults outputs to ground when off. I had wired the fans to cinstant hit controlled by the megasquirt on the ground side. Therefore, fans always on with key off. Relays are going to swirched positive to solve the problem. 

Sliders are long gone and replaced with shackles due to noisr just moving it around. Horribly noisy.

Shufter fixed.

Megasquirt has finally found a home under the console

Turn signals and flashers operate correctly now, as i swapped the pins when i built the harness. Still need to find my error on the right front turn, and right turn indicator on the dash.

Sub bix mounted.

Spring packs clamped.

Tomorrow i pull yhe dash to find some errors in the ground system for the gauges, install cruise control stalk, and fix some other little things. Then its onto fresh plugs and tuning. Stafford1500 has graciously offered to help me do some tuning and yeach me how to use the software, so hopefully within a day of his help ill be able to actually drive this thing when i want to!

AngryCorvair
1/17/18 8:09 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Hell yeah!  This is one of my favorite cars ever, and that is no exaggeration.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/17/18 10:20 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

You have no idea how nice that is to hear. Sometimes I feel like im talking to myself and not adding to the community. 

It felt damn good to hear that car fire today. Sitting in it and having the shifter properly located, looking over the hood, and having rancid on the cd player (punk mix was in the deck last time i actually drove it a few years ago and is apparently still in there) felt even better. Like coming home after a long hard business road trip.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
1/17/18 11:14 p.m.

Good to see you're back on this one! Was waiting to see how you liked the sliders, guess I got my answer.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/24/18 6:13 p.m.

It idles. Fans work. No longer leaks at the thermostat housing or blows the upper radiator hose off.

Just some double checks and on to tuning!!!!

Time to bribe steve after the busy season is over.....

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/24/18 6:43 p.m.

Having picked up on your health issues from last year it is always good  to see you moving forward &upright bro... regardless of the project in front of you.....wink

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/24/18 6:48 p.m.

Too many projects.  But grateful for every day i get. Even the bad ones.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
1/24/18 6:52 p.m.

Looking forward to seeing progress on this one!

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
1/24/18 8:37 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to AngryCorvair :

You have no idea how nice that is to hear. Sometimes I feel like im talking to myself and not adding to the community. 

I apparently missed this comment, and wanted to add my two bits.

I FREAKING LOVE YOUR UPDATES! KEEP THEM COMING!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/24/18 9:00 p.m.

Thanks y'all. 

I need to refresh my memory on basics of megasquirt next.

Need to confirm base timing and that it stays constant when revved.

I alse need to lean out the entire fuel map a TON. Its so rich it makes a diesel rolling coal look like a prius.  It literally fills my garage and driveway with smoke.

Is there any good video/text walkthroughs of these two incredibly basic steps? Hei8 for ignition, ms2 3.57 batch fire.

AngryCorvair
1/25/18 6:55 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

PM MadScientistMatt

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/25/18 7:09 a.m.

Good call. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
5/18/18 3:07 p.m.

Wes keiser has been quite possibly the best money i have EVER spent. He was here for about two hours today, and the car has no more ignition issues, starts easily, IDLES, and actually moves under it's own power!

I'm doing a fluid check, then DRIVING to the gas station for its first full tank of gas since 2015.

Im so berkeleying excited i could piss myself!

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/18/18 3:11 p.m.

Sweet!

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EveZvG2e1LnQbdpvxvolDQ6kTZrZGG0nBQAYarsKYkmcwVucmzMkEbOmvItjgsCG