1 2 3 4
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/10/21 1:50 p.m.

My first guess id the freeze plug behind the flywheel. 

It only gets worse guessing from there 

Unless there is a coolant hose in your swap at the top of the engine that is leaking. I don't k ow af an sbc with anything like that other than heater hoses in a factory application though. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/10/21 2:33 p.m.

Those carbs were known to be troublesome, but I have no firsthand accounts. Beware.

BarrettRC8
BarrettRC8 New Reader
12/10/21 4:01 p.m.
tuna55 said:

Those carbs were known to be troublesome, but I have no firsthand accounts. Beware.

Which ones? I upgraded it last year so if you're speaking to the first one I initially had on the car it has been replaced and has run much better since last year when I switched over. 

BarrettRC8
BarrettRC8 New Reader
12/10/21 4:02 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

My first guess id the freeze plug behind the flywheel. 

It only gets worse guessing from there 

Unless there is a coolant hose in your swap at the top of the engine that is leaking. I don't k ow af an sbc with anything like that other than heater hoses in a factory application though. 

Unfortunately no other potential leak above that area that I could see. The oil definitely wasn't contaminated though as I just drained it and it was clean. Guess I'll start pulling parts off. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/10/21 4:11 p.m.
BarrettRC8 said:
tuna55 said:

Which ones? I upgraded it last year so if you're speaking to the first one I initially had on the car it has been replaced and has run much better since last year when I switched over. 

Sorry I missed that, it was the BG carb which I was referring to.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
12/11/21 12:10 a.m.

Leave the oil pan on for now. Just take the engine off the transaxle to access the core plug.

BarrettRC8
BarrettRC8 New Reader
5/17/22 8:31 p.m.

It has been a while. Car is running great, which of course means that I'm debating putting in an LS motor. Regardless, took it out a few weekends ago and got some cool pictures I thought I'd share. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8F4mpPGBX5xyDTiGruwUWWJFn6KKh1fYFZIc5uDy6VZM7V4IehP8e9tEE1u8Ck5H