1 ... 10 11 12
dr_strangeland
dr_strangeland GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/17/21 6:34 p.m.

This thread makes me want to get an old Z and go back to school. Legitimately inspired.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
12/17/21 10:43 p.m.

I put my 280z on hold for a long time. I went back to school and got my MBA, met a woman, moved, got married and fixed up an old house. Now I'm buying parts and getting ready to jump into completing the 280z after a long slumber.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/18/21 8:12 a.m.

Congrats Jay.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/21/22 8:26 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

Congrats Jay.

Thanks sir!

Props to Evasive Motorsports in California for getting me the SSR caps I needed (68.3 mm) and at a great price. Several merchants wanted $40-$50 more for the caps and $100 to ship them.....for a flat rate box that is $10. I swear people refuse to believe we have USPS here and will not discuss it when contacted. 

Also I hope to throw in an actual radiator overflow tank instead of the Corona can I've used for a few years.

The plan is to pop in for the Mitty then I immediately fly out 2 days later for the rest of my vacation. I may not get to having an exhaust completed beforehand so it's looking like another visit with this thing being insanely loud. I can put up with it for the 50 miles that will get added to the odometer. 

5/1/22 8:05 p.m.

Welp.. I'm wrapping this one up after 9 years. I have been debated keeping the Z but after all this time doing the long distance thing, I decided it was time to have a car at home in AK. I didn't want to take this one since it was all memories and it's time to make new ones. Getting a few days of seat time a year is hard after a while but no regrets!

Off in the sunset she goes.

In order to fund the next big project I've been wanting, the proceeds from the Z would cut my saving time by a couple years so I decided to go for it. I'm spending a few more weeks traveling and looking at a couple other options for the next project and if I find right one to ship up, Ill probably make a build thread on here. 

See y'all later-

Jay

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/2/22 7:14 p.m.

Just got this pic from an old friend–spotted heading north on I-75 today. 

5/3/22 6:45 a.m.

^ I felt like I was advertising for GRM sometimes because I got questions about those stickers alllll the time. laugh Hopefully it caused a few new subscribers over the years.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/4/22 2:27 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

Thank you for representing (and being part of the community, t00). The panels without any numbers just look so cool. 

1 ... 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oLfopvqxz6xtLGQAg3DXhZ7IBeKd5VqQ2bsJxoaUYRxEfiPmIVX9U0h8PZO85msf