mightymike
mightymike New Reader
9/23/12 9:01 p.m.

After several months, I was finally able to convince a very nice lady to sell her 1975 Triumph TR6 to me:

It has been parked in her garage since 1993. The body looks straight and rust free, but the garage was so full of other items it was tough to get a really good look at it. I haven't even opened the hood. I got such a good deal that the condition really doesn't matter.

The only thing I have done so far is to take the wheels off so I can get new tires mounted in order to get it home. I hope I can get it running again and drive it as a "beater" while I work on my Capri. After some casual research, I am leaning toward a small block Ford/T5 swap when the time comes. Who knows!

Three out of four hubs wouldn't turn. I soaked them in PB Blaster, and I hope that does the trick. I do have a big hammer in case they need a little convincing.

It should look great beside the race car.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/23/12 9:04 p.m.

< envious here

Winston
Winston Reader
9/24/12 8:10 a.m.

Nice! I'm sure you've already checked out BritishV8.org for inspiration, ideas, and technique. Please do your build updates here, though :)

I have a '76 Spitfire that I've removed a 5.0 V8/T5 from, so I'm going in the opposite direction! It's getting a Miata drivetrain.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltraDork
9/24/12 9:29 a.m.

Nice catch - I had those wire protectors on my headlights back in 1981-1983-ish era. LOL

mightymike
mightymike New Reader
9/24/12 11:12 a.m.

In reply to Winston:

Yes, lots of time on the British V8 forum so far. I think a SBF would be a cheaper way to get a quicker car, gain a 5spd transmission, etc.

mightymike
mightymike New Reader
9/24/12 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy:

The owner said they came with the car. I've seen them at Auto Zone, but didn't kow if they ever came on a prodiction car. I'm not sure if they are aftermarket or not. I have zero knowledge about Triumphs except for what I've been reading the past few months.

The Bently manual should be here this week.

mightymike
mightymike New Reader
9/24/12 11:20 a.m.

Inspiration:

TR8owner
TR8owner Reader
9/24/12 10:55 p.m.

Congrats. My brother has an immaculate 73 TR6 with triple webers, etc.

mightymike
mightymike New Reader
9/25/12 10:31 a.m.

In reply to TR8owner:

Pics would be great

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YIkWcRalU0oCGwU5j8HrZvpY4ZG76PF5pHHpJdjWtpFA6s3SRA4bhLLIOsitkW3i