2", equal length ..... within 3/8"....

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/24/13 7:29 p.m.

Andy you are a magician. That is all.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/24/13 8:57 p.m.

No pics of the steering shaft. I sold the car. Sorry.

It was a bolt in for a g body, I can tell you that.

Rob R.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/24/13 9:24 p.m.

That's amazing work.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/24/13 9:58 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Andy you are a magician. That is all.

+1000

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
12/25/13 5:30 a.m.

We also have a BBC H-body

2.25". 24' of tubing in each side.

Andrew

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/25/13 10:07 p.m.

i think "best engineered" has just been won for $2014.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/25/13 10:30 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: i think "best engineered" has just been won for $the last 10 years.

FTFY

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
12/26/13 7:23 a.m.

Looking great. I really need to get back up there and see some of this stuff in person again...

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
12/28/13 5:33 a.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Looking great. I really need to get back up there and see some of this stuff in person again...

Anytime....bring work clothes.....

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
12/28/13 2:00 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: We also have a BBC H-body 2.25". 24' of tubing in each side. Andrew

As we speak, the Russians and the Chinese are analyzing these two photos for potential atomic secrets.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
12/28/13 5:22 p.m.
wheels777 wrote: We also have a BBC H-body 2.25". 24' of tubing in each side. Andrew

Post a pic of the muffler!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/28/13 9:20 p.m.

Do you have any bits of the filler pieces left or are they completely gone?

I could probably make something in 'glass for you, especially if there are pieces left. If no pieces we'll have to mock everything up in foam and I'll work from there.

I'll have to see if I can free up some time for a trip out. I'd love to see how the Studes and Monza are doing too :)

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
12/29/13 3:45 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: Do you have any bits of the filler pieces left or are they completely gone? I could probably make something in 'glass for you, especially if there are pieces left. If no pieces we'll have to mock everything up in foam and I'll work from there. I'll have to see if I can free up some time for a trip out. I'd love to see how the Studes and Monza are doing too :)

No, I don't. But we were going to contact you about it and some other pieces. Your name came up 3-4 times last week about the Stude, the Nash, the VW axle...

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid New Reader
12/29/13 6:50 a.m.
Pat wrote:
Post a pic of the muffler!

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/29/13 8:33 a.m.
wheels777 wrote:
JThw8 wrote: Do you have any bits of the filler pieces left or are they completely gone? I could probably make something in 'glass for you, especially if there are pieces left. If no pieces we'll have to mock everything up in foam and I'll work from there. I'll have to see if I can free up some time for a trip out. I'd love to see how the Studes and Monza are doing too :)
No, I don't. But we were going to contact you about it and some other pieces. Your name came up 3-4 times last week about the Stude, the Nash, the VW axle...

Aww, you know I miss you guys, I'll have to see what schedules and weather look like in the coming month. I also have to get this plymouth running and driving so I can get my garage back :)

We could probably make up fillers that looked right if not 100% accurate.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
12/29/13 9:47 a.m.
JThw8 wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
Aww, you know I miss you guys, I'll have to see what schedules and weather look like in the coming month. I also have to get this plymouth running and driving so I can get my garage back :) We could probably make up fillers that looked right if not 100% accurate.

Rob found a Sunbird at Criswell's junk yard last month. He sent a picture of the hood and we plan to go get it. When we do, we will see if any of the filler pieces are there. or worth taking a picture of.

I am still seeking a Monza coupe that may have the same/similar pieces.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
12/29/13 9:55 a.m.

Its probably good I don't live anywhere near you. I would be constantly bugging the heck out of you to build some nasty turbo manifolds for everything I own. Your fabrication is incredible.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/29/13 8:22 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
Aww, you know I miss you guys, I'll have to see what schedules and weather look like in the coming month. I also have to get this plymouth running and driving so I can get my garage back :) We could probably make up fillers that looked right if not 100% accurate.
Rob found a Sunbird at Criswell's junk yard last month. He sent a picture of the hood and we plan to go get it. When we do, we will see if any of the filler pieces are there. or worth taking a picture of. I am still seeking a Monza coupe that may have the same/similar pieces.

Yeah, even pieces I can mend together to create a proper mold, it would be better than starting from scratch.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
12/30/13 7:15 p.m.

Trans mount started

Frame mounts are essentially done.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid New Reader
12/31/13 4:44 p.m.

Progress on the rear so far. Homemade spring mounts. The ones we had were rusted out.

It has not been narrowed yet. Only one side needs it though.

mclellansauto
mclellansauto New Reader
1/2/14 6:32 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h6fDEQjj12IBYun3uDsRlONXEy0yE5FbBo9UN5QybTpaha4ulbfrgnNdVc1egd4L