redhookfern
redhookfern New Reader
4/25/13 11:06 a.m.

Good morning folks. Wanted to quickly introduce myself, as I'm new here, and introduce my '83 944.

I just picked it up a few weeks ago. It has about 110k miles on it, but the previous owners took amazing care of it. The biggest downfall is that there are no maintenance records. I assume they did all of the work, judging by the rest of the car, but I have to assume it will need it's belt done.

The car has the original sports seats with (amazingly) un-torn leather. She drives and runs perfectly. Definitely been a blast so far.

No real plans as of yet with it, just enjoying it. May be moving to the west coast late this summer, so that is the deciding factor between a build-up, or selling it and picking something up out that way (Seattle). In the meantime, enjoying the roofless time machine.

Here's a picture..

Quasimo1
Quasimo1 New Reader
4/25/13 11:24 a.m.

Very nice

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
4/25/13 11:28 a.m.

No records? Get it inspected. Get the unforeseen surprises out of the way.

Winston
Winston HalfDork
4/25/13 11:55 a.m.

Beautiful!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
4/25/13 1:09 p.m.

By golly. Welcome to the circus.

cdowd
cdowd Reader
4/25/13 2:09 p.m.

looks great. Be proactive and do the belt service. document it, and it will give you peace of mind and make it easier to sell if you go that way.

Chris

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/25/13 3:57 p.m.

Nice, love the cookie cutters on it.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/25/13 6:13 p.m.

Yep, get the timing belt and water pump changed sooner rather than later. I didn't and it cost me more than 500 dollars extra in cylinder head work.

That's my old valve...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5sStAp6GFDaW6u1LxDXQ0tGcX0oeR2g7LEYy4W6Mx5gITFZheRVnkh6l705taqHa